Indian Air Force invites application from male candidates for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) in February 2012 to join in courses mentioned below.
Name of the Course
- No. 11 Short Service Commission Course (11 SSC)
- No. 82 Aeronautical Engineer's Course (82 AEC) (Permanent Commission)
- No. 54 Short Service Commission Course (54 SSC)
Ground Duty Branches
- No. 133 Ground Duty Officers' Course (133 GDOC) (Permanent Commission)
- No. 26 Short Service Commission Course (26 SSC)
- Opening date for receipt of application: 10 December 2011
- Last date for receipt of application: 13 January 2012
- Last date for receipt of application (from remote areas): 20 January 2012
- Date for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT): 26 February 2012
- Course will commence from: January 2013
Type of Commission
- Permanent Commission: Candidates will serve till the age of superannuation.
- Short Service Commission: 14 years from the date of commissioning for SSC Flying Branch (not extendable) and 10 years for technical and ground duty branches with an extension of 4 years subject to availability of vacancies.
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) will be conducted for candidates at the designated examination centres. The test will be of 2 hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and aptitude. Candidates who clear the AFCAT will be called for further testing at the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, or Varanasi. The second round of test will consist of the following examination.
- Stage I- Intelligence Test
- Stage II- Psychological test, group test and interview
Candidates selected after stage II will undergo branch specific test based on their eligibility/ choice of branches
- Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) for flying branch
- Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) for technical branch
- Medical Test
How to Apply: The eligible candidates may send their application in format available on http://careerairforce.nic.in/, to be filled in English (Block Capitals) to the address as per First Choice of Centre for written examination of AFCAT. The application should be super scribed as ‘Application for Air Force Common Admission Test: 26 February 2012'.
For more details, please CLICK HERE