CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-24 PDF with Important Resources
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-2024: The CBSE syllabus of Class 10 Science for the current academic session 2023-24 is available here in a detailed format. The latest CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus is divided into five broad themes viz. Materials, The World of The Living, How Things Work, Natural Phenomenon and Natural Resources. The board had reduced the CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus by 30% for the last academic session and the same deletion in the syllabus is to be retained for the current academic session as well. Thus, the deleted parts of the syllabus will not be considered for assessment in AY 2023-24. Check below the link to know the deleted CBSE syllabus of Class 10 Science and also check and download the complete syllabus of CBSE Class 10 Science from this article.
|CBSE Class 10 Science Practice Paper 2024 with Increased Competency-Based Questions (By CBSE)|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme for Board Exam 2024|
General instructions to be noted for CBSE Class 10 Science Curriculum 2023-24 are:
1. There will be an Annual Examination based on the entire syllabus.
2. The Annual Examination will be of 80 marks and 20 marks weightage shall be for Internal Assessment.
3. For Internal Assessment:
a. There will be Periodic Assessment that will include:
- Three periodic tests are to be conducted by the school. Average of the best two tests to be taken that will have a weightage of 05 marks towards the final result.
- Diverse methods of assessment as per the need of the class dynamics and curriculum transaction. These may include - short tests, oral test, quiz, concept maps, projects, posters, presentations and enquiry based scientific investigations etc. and use rubrics for arguing them objectively. This will also have a weightage of 05 marks towards the final result.
b. Practical / Laboratory work should be done throughout the year and the student should maintain record of the same. Practical Assessment should be continuous. There will be weightage of 5 marks towards the final result. All practicals listed in the syllabus must be completed.
c. Portfolio to be prepared by the student- This would include classwork and other sample of student work and will carry a weightage of 5 marks towards the final results.
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-24 Highlights
- Subject: Science
- Subject Code: 086
- Marks Breakup: Total Marks = 100 (Theory 80 + Internal Assessment 20)
CBSE Class 10 Science (Code 086) Syllabus 2023-24
I. Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour
II. World of Living
III. Natural Phenomena
IV. Effects of Current
V. Natural Resources
- Maharashtra Board Result 2023
- Maharashtra Board 10th Result 2023
- Maharashtra SSC Result 2023 Live Update
- Official Maharashtra SSC Result 2023 Date
- 10th SSC Result 2023 Maharashtra Board
- mahresult.nic.in Result 2023
- Maharashtra Board 10th Result 2023 Document Required
- RBSE 10th, Maha SSC Result 2023 Live Update
- mahresult.nic.in, hscresult.mkcl.org, mahresults.org.in SSC Direct Link 2023
- Maharashtra Board SSC Toppers List 2023
- Digilocker Maha Board SSC 10th Result 2023
- महाराष्ट्र बोर्ड SSC 10वीं रिजल्ट 2023
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-24
Unit 1: Chemical Substances - Nature and Behaviour
Chemical reactions: Chemical equation, Balanced chemical equation, implications of a balanced chemical equation, types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, double displacement, precipitation, endothermic exothermic reactions, oxidation and reduction.
Acids, bases and salts: Their definitions in terms of furnishing of H+ and OH– ions, General properties, examples and uses, neutralization, concept of pH scale (Definition relating to logarithm not required), importance of pH in everyday life; preparation and uses of Sodium Hydroxide, Bleaching powder, Baking soda, Washing soda and Plaster of Paris.
Metals and nonmetals: Properties of metals and non-metals; Reactivity series; Formation and properties of ionic compounds; Basic metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention.
Carbon compounds: Covalent bonding in carbon compounds. Versatile nature of carbon. Homologous series. Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes and alkynes), difference between saturated hydro carbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
Theme: The World of the Living
Unit 2: World of Living
Life processes: ‘Living Being’. Basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport and excretion in plants and animals.
Control and co-ordination in animals and plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones; Control and co-ordination in animals: Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; Chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
Reproduction: Reproduction in animals and plants (asexual and sexual) reproductive health - need and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS. Child bearing and women’s health.
Heredity and Evolution: Heredity; Mendel’s contribution- Laws for inheritance of traits: Sex determination: brief introduction: (topics excluded - evolution; evolution and classification and evolution should not be equated with progress).
- Maharashtra Board Result 2023
- Maharashtra HSC Result 2023
- Maharashtra HSC Result 2023 Live Update
- 12th HSC Result 2023 Maharashtra Board
- mahresult.nic.in Result 2023
- Maharashtra HSC Result 2023 Time
- Maharashtra HSC Result 2023 Direct Links
- Maharashtra Board 12th Result 2023 Marksheet
- Maha HSC Toppers List 2023
- DigiLocker Maha Board 12th Result 2023
Theme: Natural Phenomena
Unit 3: Natural Phenomena
Reflection of light by curved surfaces; Images formed by spherical mirrors, centre of curvature, principal axis, principal focus, focal length, mirror formula (Derivation not required),magnification.
Refraction; Laws of refraction, refractive index. Refraction of light by spherical lens; Image formed by spherical lenses; Lens formula(Derivation not required); Magnification. Power of a lens.
Human eye: Functioning of a lens in human eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses.
Refraction of light through a prism, dispersion of light, scattering of light, applications in dailylife (excluding colour of the sun at sunrise and sunset).
Theme: How Things Work
Unit 4: Effects of Current
Electricity: Electric current, potential difference and electric current. Ohm’s law; Resistance, Resistivity, Factors on which the resistance of a conductor depends. Series combination of resistors, parallel combination of resistors and its applications in daily life. Heating effect of electric current and its applications in daily life. Electric power, Interrelation between P, V, I and R.
Magnetic effects of current: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current carrying conductor, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on current carrying conductor, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule, Direct current. Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
- HPBOSE Result 2023
- HPBOSE 10th Result 2023
- HP Board 10th Result 2023
- HP Board Class 10 Result 2023 Term 2
- HPBOSE 10th Result 2023 Live Update
- HP Board 10th Result 2023 Roll Number
- HP Board 10th Result 2023 Minimum Marks
- 10th Class Result 2023 HP Board
- hpbose.org 10th Result 2023 by Jagran Josh
- HP Board 10th Toppers List 2023
- एचपीबीओएसई 10वीं रिजल्ट 2023
- HPBOSE 10वीं रिजल्ट 2023 लाइव अपडेट
- hpbose.org 10वीं रिजल्ट 2023 डायरेक्ट लिंक
- एचपी बोर्ड 10वीं टॉपर्स लिस्ट 2023
Theme: Natural Resources
Unit 5: Natural Resources
Our environment: Eco-system, Environmental problems, Ozone depletion, waste production and their solutions. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.
Practical should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes. This will enable you to grasp the concepts better.
|CBSE Class 10 Science Practical Syllabus 2022-23 (Complete list of Experiments)|
The list of books prescribed by the Board -
- Science-Text book for class X- NCERT Publication
- Assessment of Practical Skills in Science- Class X- CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual-Science-Class X, NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems Class X – NCERT Publication
- Typology of Questions: VSA including objective type questions, Assertion – Reasoning type
questions; SA; LA; Source-based/ Case-based/ Passage-based/ Integrated assessment
- An internal choice of approximately 33% would be provided.
Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
- Periodic Assessment - 05 marks + 05 marks
- Subject Enrichment (Practical Work) - 05 marks
- Portfolio - 05 marks
Download CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023-24 from the following link: