CBSE: Its Importance, Objectives and Areas of Focus
The central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is one of the most preferred boards in India. It is the national board of the country. In this article we will discuss about the various factors and reasons which make it the favourite among students and their parents.
What is CBSE Board?
The central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was reconstituted in 1st July 1962. The head office of the Board is situated at New Delhi. It is an autonomous body fully controlled by the Government of India. Through all these years, CBSE has set a good standard of education in India. With its influential educational policies, CBSE has reformed the education system of the country.
CBSE affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas, all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, private schools and most of the schools approved by central government of India.
The Board has decentralized its administration which helped to execute its functions effectively, and maintain the educational standards across the country. Regional Offices have been set up in different parts of the country to be more responsive to the affiliated schools. The headquarters in Delhi constantly monitors the activities of these Regional Offices.
What is the importance of CBSE Board?
- With a centralised education system which is being controlled by one apex body, CBSE maintains uniformity among all its students across India.
- A certificate from the Central Board of Secondary Education is recognized throughout the country, in all colleges and academic centres.
- CBSE’s education structure allows you to study rigorously and develop skills at the same time.
- CBSE follows a compact structure which makes the CBSE syllabus easier than that of other boards.
- It provides basic and general knowledge required for a child to move forward in terms of education.
- When it comes to crack the important engineering and medical entrance exams after class 12th, CBSE students get an edge over others as the most of these exams are based on the CBSE syllabus.
- It online education platform is a boon for those who can’t afford books or private tuitions. They can easily get online study material and free advice from experienced teachers.
- CBSE board being recognised worldwide, it becomes easier for students to go abroad and pursue their studies from foreign universities.
What are the various objectives of CBSE Board?
- To prescribe conditions of examinations and conduct public examinations at the end of Class 10 and Class 12
- To grant qualifying certificates to successful candidates of the affiliated schools
- To fulfil the educational requirements of those students whose parents are employed in transferable jobs
- To foster a variety of academic and non-academic knowledge, skills and abilities, which may help students in successful transition from high school to college life
- To prescribe and update the course of instructions of examinations
- To affiliate institutions for the purpose of examination and uplifting the academic standards of the country.
What are CBSE’s prime areas of focus?
- Devising a student friendly study pattern by introducing effective innovations in teaching and learning methodologies.
- Improvement in examinations and evaluation processes to deliver fair results.
- Promote the skill learning among students by adding job-oriented inputs.
- Conducting various service training programmes and workshops on regular basis so as to update the instructive skills of the teachers and administrators.
We can say that CBSE is a learning experience which works with a vision of the overall development of a student by synchronizing its academics with various extra-curricular activities which may enhance the student’s skill set.