SSC CGL Exam: Most repetitive questions from general knowledge
In this article, we have prepared a list of 50 questions, which are the most frequently asked in the previous year paper. All questions are dominated from the general knowledge section. As it has been observed that SSC used to put similar questions repeatedly in the upcoming exams. Therefore, we have decided that SSC aspirants must know about the series of such questions.
Let us check them out: -
SSC general knowledge: Previous year questions
1. The Finance Commission is constituted under article...... of the constitution of India.
2. Who built The Taj Mahal?
3. The Nalanda University was founded by-
A. Samudra Gupta
B. Chandra Gupta
C. Kumar Gupta
D. Harsh Vardhana
4. Bleaching powder is used in drinking water as a/an-
5. The ph of lemon juice is expected to be-
A. Equal to 7
B. Nothing can be predicted
C. More than 7
D. Less than 7
6. Washing soda is also known as-
A. Sodium Chloride
B. Calcium Bicarbonate
C. Sodium Carbonate
7. Baking soda is also is known as-
A. Sodium Bicarbonate
B. Calcium Bicarbonate
C. Carbon Monoxide
8. What is the ratio of RBC to WBC-
9. Which city is known as the Silicon valley of India?
10. In which year Delhi became the capital of India?
11. Which disease is caused by the bite of a mad dog?
12. Which metal is used for generation of Nuclear Power?
13. By whom is the speaker of Lok Sabha elected?
A. All the members of Rajya Sabha
B. All the members of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
C. People of India
D. All the members of Lok Sabha
14. Which planet is known as the Earth’s twin?
15. Which article is related to the special status of Jammu and Kashmir?
16. Which gland is both exocrine and endocrine?
A. Pituitary gland
B. Thyroid gland
D. Small intestine
17. Which soil is best suited for cotton?
A. Red soil
C. Alluvial soil
18. Which state has the largest waste land area?
19. Colour of the Urine is yellow because of-
20. Who has been called Napoleon of India?
D. Harsha Vardhana
21. Which is the largest river basin in India?
A. Godavari Basin
B. Narmada Basin
C. Yamuna Basin
D. Ganga Basin
22. Which river originates at Amarkantak?
23. Largest fresh water lake of the world is-
A. Lake Superior
B. Lake Michigan
C. Lake Malawi
D. Great Bear Lake
24. Which day is celebrated as World Environment Day?
A. 5th June
B. 8th June
C. 5th April
D. 21th April
25. Which is a land locked sea?
A. Caribbean Sea
B. Aral Sea
C. Red Sea
D. South China Sea
26. Maximum strength of Rajya Sabha-
27. Who was the first chairman of Planning Commission?
A. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
B. Rajendra Prasad
C. Jawahar Lal Nehru
D. Moti Lal Nehru
28. Who was the first Indian woman to scale the Mount Everest?
A. Bachendri Pal
B. Arunima Sinha
C. Premlata Agarwal
D. Malavath Purna
29. Who appoints the chairman of UPSC?
A. Chief Minister of India
C. Members of both the houses
D. Election Commissioner of India
30. Who pioneered Khilafat Movement?
A. Sayyid Brothers
B. Mahatma Gandhi
C. Ali Brothers
D. Maulana Azad
31. First general elections were held in which year?
32. Gobar gas contains mainly-
33. Which gland is responsible for the secretion of Insulin?
C. Adrenal Gland
D. Pineal Gland
34. In which state was the Panchayati Raj first introduced?
35. Which is the warm ocean current?
A. Labrador current
B. Oyashio current
C. Canary current
D. Gulf Stream
36. Which among the following country is the leading producer of Uranium?
37. Arya Samaj was founded by-
A. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
B. Swami Vivekanand
C. Swami Sachchidanand
D. Swami Narayan
38. Which state has smallest land area?
B. Madhya Pradesh
39. Which Governor General was associated with Doctrine of Lapse?
A. Lord Dalhousie
B. Lord Lytton
C. Lord Hastings
D. Lord Cornwallis
40. Who was the first Woman President of Congress?
A. Annie Besant
B. Sarojini Naidu
C. Usha Mehta
D. Madam Cama
41. Which amongst the following breathes through the skin?
42. Who is called Father of Economics?
C. Adam Smith
D. Geoffrey Chaucer
43. Which element is the highest conductor of electricity?
44. Who is known as Father of Indian Constitution?
A. Dr. BR Ambedkar
B. Rabindranath Tagore
C. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
D. Jawahar Lal Nehru
45. Which state has the largest coastline in India?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
46. Who written the book “India of my dreams”?
A. Jawahar Lal Nehru
B. Lala Hardyal
C. Mahatma Gandhi
D. Bhagat Singh
47. World’s largest desert-
A. Great Basin Desert
B. Sahara Desert
C. Great Victoria Desert
D. Gobi Desert
48. What is the maximum gap between two sessions of a Parliament?
A. 8 months
B. 5 months
C. 6 months
D. 1 year
49. In which year Bengal was reunited?
50. Who was the first Indian to receive Nobel Prize?
A. Rabindranath Tagore
B. C.V. Raman
C. Mother Teresa
D. Amartya Sen
We, at jagranjosh.com, wishes you - Best of luck!