Essential details about SSC UDC Departmental examination 2016- A comprehensive information
Staff Selection has recently notified for the post of Upper Division Clerks in various organizations such as Railway Board, Armed Forces Headquarters, Central Hindi Directorate, Election Commission of India, Central Administrative Tribunal, Ministry of Environment and Forests etc. The limited departmental examination will be conducted on 0312.2016 in select locations in the country and the aspiring candidates are scheduled to apply within 31.10.2016 through the medium of proper channel specified in the advertisement.
In this article, we shall discuss regarding the examination centers, age relaxation criteria and other miscellaneous information regarding the recruitment for the benefit of the candidates
SSC UDC Limited Departmental Examination: Age Relaxation Criteria
The normal age limit for appearing in the examination is not more than 50 years as on the crucial date i.e. 01.08.2016. However, this rule is not applicable for candidates belonging to the Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service Candidates. This age limit is further relaxable in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category and for them, the relaxation is granted upto a limit of 5 years. In case of Defence Service Personnel who has become disabled in any hostility by any foreign country and has been released by the armed forces consequently, the relaxation is three years for unreserved candidates and 8 years for SC/ST candidates.
In case of Border Security Force Personnel who may have become disabled because of 1971 war and have been released from the armed forces, the relaxation is same as that of other ex-servicemen candidates mentioned above.
SSC UDC Limited Departmental Examination 2016: Examination Centers
The commission has decided to hold a computer based online test for recruitment of candidates to the post of upper division clerks in various organizations of the government so that the evaluation process may be fair, fast and transparent. But, there will be limited centers for appearing in the examination and you have to indicate your choice of examination centre while applying and you will not be allowed to change the same at a later date. The list of centers is as follows:
- New Delhi
Though the SSC has reserved the right to change the number of examination centers at its discretion, there is unlikely to be any alteration in this list regarding examination centers and you have to prepare yourself to appear in the examination in December 2016 from any of these examination centers
SSC UDC Limited Departmental Examination 2016: Important Instructions
SSC UDC limited departmental competitive examination is going to be held on 03.12.2016 and you must keep in mind certain points while applying for the post and while appearing in the examination:
- Application through proper channel only: The application of every departmental candidate should be made through proper channel i.e. the department head in which the candidate is employed and it is at the discretion of the department head to ensure that there is vacancy against the application made by any applicant
- Supporting Documents need to be attached: Once you fill the application form in your own handwriting, your next job is to attach the first page of your service book containing the details of your background along with the certified true copy of the certificate carrying the post and rank held by applicant at that time. You should also attach relevant documents pertaining to age relaxation and caste certificate in your application
- Offline mode of application only: The application can be made through offline mode only as you have to forward the application form through your cadre controlling authority to the office of SSC Northern Region by 31.10.2016 or in case you are from abroad or Andaman and Nicobar Islands, by 07.11.2016
- Examination related information: While going for the examination, you are supposed to take your departmental ID card along with the admission certificate issued by the commission in this regard to support your candidature and without these documents you may not be allowed to appear in the examination. No travelling allowance will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the examination
- Crucial Date is actually crucial: The crucial date mentioned in the advertisement is 01.08.2016 and that means, you must be eligible for the examination by every criterion within this time period regarding your age and length of service required for the purpose of eligibility
- Passing Computer Test is mandatory: If you are not excused from passing the monthly / quarterly / departmental typing test by the government, you are liable to complete the course before being eligible for the examination or you are not eligible for this particular exercise
- It is a competitive examination and not qualifying examination: Candidates must bear in mind that all of them will not get promoted to the grade of Upper Division Clerk as it is a competitive examination and only such candidates who achieve sufficiently higher merit as decided by the commission will be declared eligible to be promoted to the grade of UDC in the given organizations
- If you are dismissed from service, you are not eligible: In case after applying for this job, you quit your job or your service is terminated by the government, the result of this examination will have no bearing on your future because you will not be eligible for promotion under this exercise
SSC UDC Departmental Examination is a good opportunity for candidates who want to rise in ranks in the government machinery and because of that, the candidates, especially the young ones, should go for the same with full preparation and the biggest plus point of taking the examination is that you are not in the sheer pressure of landing a job since you are already a government employee. Make the most out of this opportunity and take that big step towards being an Upper Division Clerk in the prestigious departments of the Government Of India. This is your turn in life
All the very Best !!