Assam Rifles invited application for the recruitment of 544 Constable (GD) in CAPFS and Riflemen (GD) Posts 2013. Eligible male candidates may apply through prescribed application format and attain Special recruitment rally which will be held at border districts of Manipur, NRS-Dimapur and Nagaland, (NRS-Dimapur) from 3 June 2013.
- Date of reporting for Guidance-cum- training: 22 April 2013 to 21 May 2013
- Date of Reporting at PST & PET centers: 27 May 2013 to 31 May 2013
- Date of Documentation and PST/PET: 3 June 2013 to 8 June 2013
Detail of Vacancies:-
Name of the Posts:
1. Constable (GD) in CAPFS
2. Riflemen (GD) in Assam Rifles
I. Recruitment Rally at Manipur: 244 posts
II. Recruitment Rally at Nagaland: 300 posts
Total Number of Vacancies: 544
- Candidates age must be between 18 to 23 years as on 1 August 2012.
- Upper age is relaxable by 3 years to OBC.
- And 5 years to SC/ST Candidates.
Candidates must possess Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.50 payable through SBI Challan through Power Jyoti Account No, 32611562834 at SBI, Laitkor Branch, Shillong, Code No – 13883.
- Fee paid by SBI Challan will be submitted alongwith the application. Fee paid by modes other than SBI challan will not be accepted.
- For Schedule Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Ex- Servicemen: No fee
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test, Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Standard Test.
Height—162.5 cms (160 cms for ST candidates from NE States except Assam)
Chest (unexpanded/ expanded): 77cms/ 82cms (76cms/ 81cms for ST candidates from NE States except Assam.
Candidates must be physically fit and free from any deformity.
Physical Efficiency Test:—
(1). 5Km run within 24 Minutes.
Written Test: The written test will consist of objective type multiple choice questions. The question paper will consist of 100 questions of 100 marks to be attempted in 2 hours. It will consists the following subject/ topics — General awareness/general knowledge of elementary mathematics, analytical aptitude and ability of observe and distinguish patterns and to test the basic knowledge of the candidates in English/Hindi.
How to Apply:
- Interested Candidates are required to apply in the prescribed application format.
- Candidates should submit their applications form along with fee payment challan to
the given below address:
Directorate General Assam Rifles (Recruitment Branch),
Laitkor Post, Shillong, Meghalaya - 793010
- The application containing cover/envelope must be superscribed as – “APPLICATION FOR GD CATEGORY RALLY AT MANIPUR (BORDER DISTRICTS UKHRUL, CHANDEL AND CHURACHANDPUR) or “APPLICATION FOR GD CATEGORY RALLY AT NAGALAND (BORDER DISTRICTS TUENSANG, KIPHIRE, MON AND PHEK)”.