Assistant Professor Recruitment 2013 in Mizoram University
Recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors for various subjects announced by Mizoram University. Read to find more details
Established in the capital city of Aizawl, Mizoram University is a Central University and one amongst the premier universities of the North East States. The University invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for the recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in various subjects.
- Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
- Pay Scale: PB-3, Rs 15,600 – 39,100 + AGP Rs 6,000
- Subject wise number of vacancies in the University: Physics (1), English (1), Psychology(1), Social Work (2), Botany (1), Library and Information Science (2), Geology (1), Electronic and Communication Engineering (1), Computer Engineering (1), Electrical Engineering (1), Planning and Architecture (3)
Besides the above mentioned vacancies, one post each in the subjects- Philosophy, Stats, Mizo & Chemistry and 2 in Physics are vacant in Pachhunga University College (Under Graduate) – a Constituent College of Mizoram University
Last date to receive filled-in application forms: 8 February 2013
- Candidates must possess good academic record with minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University.
- Besides this, the applicants should be National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET/SET qualified.
- Candidates possessing PhD in accordance with the UGC Regulation 2009 are not required to have NET/SLET/SET qualification.
Applicants who fulfil the above mentioned eligibility criteria shall be selected through an interview to be held at the University.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
- The application fee is Rs 500 for all candidates except SC/ST/ PWD/Women applicants and must be paid through demand draft in the name of Registrar, Mizoram University on State Bank of India, Aizawl Main Branch along with application form to the prescribed office.
- Besides, the fee can also be paid in cash directly to the Finance Department, Mizoram University, Aizawl, during office hours.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can download the prescribed format of application form from the website of the University www.mzu.edu.in
- Applicants must send the application form, DD and attested copies of certificates to the following address so as it reach within the prescribed time span:
Deputy Registrar, Administration-I
Recruitment Cell, Mizoram University
Post Box No.190, Aizawl
Mizoram - 796 004
To seek further details on eligibility criteria and selection procedure, Click Here