Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools.
It invites application from eligible candidates for admission to various medical courses mentioned below in Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Medical Science, Varanasi through PMT (Pre Medical Test) 2012.
Name of Medical Course and Number of Seats in Banaras Hindu University
- MBBS: 84 seats
- BDS: 38 seats
- BAMS*: 50 seats
- B Pharma: 33 seats
* Number of seats in BAMS course may increase subject to approval by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
Important Dates for admission in Banaras Hindu University
- Start of sale of Application Forms: 9 January 2012
- Closing of Online offline Application Process: 12 March 2012
- Last date of requisition for PMT form by post: 27 February 2012
- Last Date For submission of completed application form: 15 March 2012
- Dates for PMT-2012 Screening Examination: 16 May 2012
- Dates for PMT-2012 Main Examination: 17 June 2012
Eligibility Criteria for admission in Banaras Hindu University
Educational Qualification: Passed Intermediate/ 10+2 or equivalent examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology+ Botany) taken together;
- For MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS: A minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% for General-PC candidates and 40% marks for OBC/ SC/ ST and respective PC candidates;
- For B Pharma: A minimum of 60% marks for General/ OBC and respective PC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST and respective PC candidates.
Note: Candidates appearing in qualifying examination may also apply.
Age Limit (as on 31 December 2012): Minimum 17 years; Maximum 25 years
Selection Procedure for admission in Banaras Hindu University: Candidates will be selected on the basis of PMT-2012 Screening and PMT-2012 Main 2012
For BDS/ BAMS*/ B Pharma courses, candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the PMT-2012 SCREENING only
Application Fee: Application fee (by cash) for General/ OBC category candidates is Rs 1500 and SC/ ST category candidates is Rs 1000.
By Post: From the Office of the Director (PMT-Cell), Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221 005 by sending a written request through Registered Post along with Crossed Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque (MICR only) of Rs 1600 for General/ OBC candidates and Rs 1100 for SC/ ST candidates of a Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of "The Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU" payable at Varanasi. Application form will be sent by Speed/ Registered Post.
The request for application form must include the name and address of the candidate, and full particulars of the enclosed DD/BC (write candidate's name and address on the back of DD). Two self-addressed, preferably typed, white paper slips of 10 cm* 6 cm size must also accompany it. The requisition for PMT Application Form should be super scribed "Request for Application Form for PMT-2012, BHU".
How to Apply for Admission in Banaras Hindu University: Application form duly completed must be sent through Registered Post so as to reach The Director (PMT Cell), Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221 005
For more information on admission in Banaras Hindu University, please CLICK HERE