A degree or diploma in Mass Communication opens up a number of doors into the industry of Media. However, it is essential to get a Mass Communication or Journalism degree from a reputed college so that you can expect a successful career for yourself. For those who are looking for Mass Communication colleges in Uttar Pradesh, here is a list of the best Mass Communication schools in this state. The list has been created according to the quality of education, faculty, infrastructure, placement record and other facilities provided.
- Lucknow University – The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication of the Lucknow University is dedicated to develop world-class media professionals for a bright future of the Indian media. Started in 1992, it offers courses in public relations, advertising, media writing, media research and video production.
- Asian Academy of Film and TV – Started in 1993, the Asian Academy of Film and Television believes in a holistic approach of education. The pedagogy used here is a blend of text book education and practical training, which makes the students confident of facing the real industry. This institute offers plethora of programs that one can choose from. From a mere certificate course of 3 months, you can go opt for a full time 2 year Post Graduate degree course in various fields of Mass Communication.
- Editworks School of Mass Communication – Located in NOIDA, this institute was started in 2002 with the aim of creating efficient professionals for electronic media. The courses offered include BSc Mass Communication, BSc Electronic Media, Diploma in Mass Communication, Post Graduate Diploma in TV Journalism, MSc Mass Communication and Bachelor of Journalism. It also offers certain multimedia courses.
- Banaras Hindu University – The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication of the BHU came into existence in 1973. Being a part of BHU, it is considered one of the most reputed educational institutes of Uttar Pradesh. It offers a full time MA in Mass Communication and provides effective placement guidance.
- HINT Institute of Mass Communication – HI-MASSCOM is managed by the HINT Group of Publication and Electronic Media and is located in Ghaziabad. It has an excellent shooting floor and state-of-the-art studio. The institute has some of the latest equipment to train its students in the field of Mass Communication. It is known for its highly qualified faculty and the specially designed audio and video studios to provide technical training to the students.
- MassCo Media – Started with the aim of being one of the premier Mass Communication colleges, MassCo Media is known for providing a variety of programs in Mass Communication. Courses offered here include BSc in Mass Communication, Advertising & Journalism; BSc Multimedia Technology; BA in Media & Communication; Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication, Advertising & Journalism and MSc in Mass Communication, Advertising & Journalism. It offers certain specialized diploma courses and short-term certificate programs.
- Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University – Located in Juanpur, this University has recently come up with a separate Department of Mass Communication. It offers a full-time two year MA in Mass Communication through its state-of-the-art all-digital television studio. The course focuses on electronic as well as print media.
- Bhaskar Institute of Mass Communication and Journalism – Being a constituent of the Bundelkhand University, this institute offers full-time degree courses in Mass Communication at both under graduate as well as Post Graduate levels. An entrance exam is conducted to short list the students for this course. The university started in 1975 and has been updating its resources and courses with the changing demands of the younger generation.