The Bombay High Court invited applications for recruitment to the post of District Judge, in the Judicial Service of the State of Maharashtra. The candidates eligible for the post can apply online on or before 16 December 2013. The Bombay High Court was inaugurated on 14 August 1862. It is one of the oldest High Courts of India with jurisdiction over the states of Maharashtra and Goa and the Union Territories of Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli. The High Court has regional branches at Nagpur and Aurangabad in Maharashtra and Panaji, Goa.
Closing Date of Online Application Forms: 16 December 2013
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 26 December 2013
• Name of Post: District Judge
• Number of Post: 24 Posts
• Candidate’s age must be between 35 to 45 years as on the date of publication of Advertisement in case of General candidate.
• Candidate’s age must be between 35 to 48 years as on the date of publication of Advertisement in the case of candidates belonging to communities recognized as backward by the Government for the purpose of recruitment.
• Candidates must have Degree in Law.
• Candidates must be a Practicising Advocate in the High Court or Courts subordinate for minimum period of seven years on the date of publication of Advertisement and in computing the period during which a candidate has been an Advocate there shall be included any period during which he has held the post of a Public Prosecutor or Government Advocate or Judicial Officer. OR must have worked as Public Prosecutor or Government Advocate for minimum period of seven years on the date of publication of Advertisement.
General Category Candidates need to pay application fee of Rs.1,000/- and Backward Class candidates need to pay Rs.500/- in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of “Assistant Registrar, for Registrar General, High Court, Appellate Side, Bombay”, payable at par at Bombay.
Pay Scale: Rs.51550-1230-58930-1380-63070 + dearness allowance and other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written examination and viva voce test.
How to Apply
• Interested and eligible candidates may apply through ONLINE MODE from the website of the High Court i.e. http://bombayhighcourt.nic.in before 16 December 2013.
• After submission of online application, candidates are required to take a printout of e-Application form and send hard copy of application along with DD, self attested copies of all certificates/ documents and two passport size photo in an envelop super scripted as “Application for the post of District Judge” by registered post or speed post to the office of the Registrar General, High Court, Fort, Mumbai – 400032 on or before 26 December 2013.