The Border Security Force (BSF) is responsible for guarding India's land borders during peacetime and preventing trans-border crimes. It is a central paramilitary force operating under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. It invites application from eligible candidates for the posts mentioned below.
Name of the post and Number of Vacancies
- Assistant Commandant (Works): 19 vacancies
- Assistant Commandant (Electrical): 7 vacancies
- Opening Date for sending application: 5 November 2011
- Closing Date for sending application: 5 December 2011
- Closing Date for sending application (candidates from remote areas): 20 December 2011
- Assistant Commandant (Works): Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution
- Assistant Commandant (Electrical): Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years; Maximum 26 years
Pay scale: Pay Band-1, Rs 15,600 - 39,100 with Grade Pay Rs 5400
Application Fee: No application fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ Departmental (BSF) candidates/ Women candidates and for General and OBC Candidate is Rs 50.
Selection Procedure: The candidate's overall performance will be judged for final recruitment. The selection shall be held in three phases as under: -
First Phase (Written Examination)
- First Paper [Objective Paper (2 hours)]: General English (40 marks), General Studies (40 marks), and Civil/ Electrical Engineering (120 marks)
- Second Paper [Conventional Type (2 hours)]: Civil/ Electrical Engineering (120 marks)
- Documentation (Checking of Documents)
- Physical Measurement (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Examination
How to Apply: The application must be sent in the prescribed format along with documents to any of the addresses (Jalandhar, Jodhpur, Gandhinagar, Delhi, Bangalore, and Karnataka) mentioned in the advertisement. Three recent passport sized photographs duly attested by the Gazette officer should be attached to the application along with 2 self addressed envelopes of 25 X 12 cms with postal stamp worth Rs 27 each. The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as "APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT COMMANDANT (WORKS/ ELECTRICAL) IN BSF".
For more details, please CLICK HERE