The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE conducted the Class 10 English exam on February 26, 2020. Exam for both papers - English Communicative and English Language & Literature was organised from 10:30 to 01:30 pm. We are providing here all the latest updates regarding the CBSE Class 10 English Exam. Expert analysis along with the students' reaction on the difficulty level of the English paper is also provided here. You can also watch the feedback shared by students in the live video recorded on the examination day by a team of Jagran Josh. Video is available on the top of this article.
We are also providing here the original question paper of English Language and Literature Exam 2020. Click on the following link to download the question paper in PDF:
Pattern for CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2020
English paper was completely set on the pattern followed in the CBSE Class 10 English Sample Paper 2020. CBSE Class 10 English question paper was of total 80 marks. There were 11 questions in the paper. All these questions were divided into three sections, viz., A, B and C.
- Section A – Based on reading – 20 marks
- Sections B – Based on writing and grammar – 30 marks
- Section C – Based on literature – 30 marks
Comparing with previous years, CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2020 had more number of objective type questions. This was an added advantage as it is easier to attempt the objective type questions than answering the subjective type questions.
Students' Feedback on CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2020
A team of Jagran Josh contacted the class 10 students who were coming out of a CBSE exam center after taking their English exam. They talked to the students on the type of the questions asked in the paper and its overall difficulty level. Students called it as an easy paper. However, few students found the long answer questions in section C to be a little difficult. Overall reaction of students is as follows:
- Difficulty level of CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2020: Paper was easy with everything from within the CBSE Class 10 English syllabus.
- Pattern of Paper: Pattern of CBSE Class 10 English paper was same as of the latest CBSE Class 10 English sample paper.
- Questions from previous years’ question papers: Few questions in the paper were similar to that asked in previous years with slight modifications.
- Expected marks in CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2020: 65-70 marks (out of 80 marks) are easily scorable.
So, all in all, with the easy English paper, CBSE Class 10 students had a good start in their board exams for the major subjects.
Important Note: CBSE class 10th and class 12th papers scheduled on February 26, 2020 were postponed in the violence affected North East part of Delhi. Board took this decision on the request of the Directorate of Education and the government of Delhi and to avoid inconvenience to students, staff and parents. to check the details and recent updates, click here.
Also check the following articles for the preparation of other papers in the ongoing CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2020: