CBSE Class 10 students will write their English exam today, 23 March, 2019. Examination for both papers, English Communicative and English Language & Literature will be conducted between 10:30 AM to 01:30 PM. Studennts must have proper planning to write their exam smoothly in 3 hours' duration. Here we discuss a few important things which students must consider for writing the flawless exam to score full marks.
The CBSE Class 10 English examination is conducted for 80 marks with question paper comprising of 3 sections; A, B and C.
- Section A based on Reading carries 20 marks
- Section B based on Writing and Grammar carries 30 marks
- Section C based on Literature carries 30 marks
Tips to attempt questions in each section correctly:
First of all students must utilise the additional 15 minutes time to read the two unseen passages given in section A. Understand the meaning of each line in a passage so that you can quickly identify the answers for the questions asked on the basis of that passage.
Attempt the sections in CBSE Class 10 English paper in following order:
(i) Start with Section A: As you have recently read the passage, so all the information is fresh in your brain and will help you answer the questions quickly. So, it’s better to start with this section and secure 20 marks with little efforts and more concentration.
(ii) Then move on to Section B: The writing portion of this section requires more of thought process along with a good knowledge of sentence making to write crispy and meaningful answers. This section is supposed to take comparatively more time than other two sections. However, if attempted carefully, you can easily score full marks in Section B.
(iii) Lastly attempt Section C: This section is all based on the lessons given in your English textbook. Nothing can be asked beyond your textbook in this section. So, you are supposed to be absolutely familiar with this section and attempt it without any difficulty.
Check some effective tips to perform well in CBSE Class 10 English Exam 2019:
- Practice the unseen passages from latest CBSE sample paper and previous year question papers.
- To perform well in Section-B (Writing and Grammar), practice writing letters, notices, articles, essays, etc.
- For letter writing, know the correct format and stick to the same while writing in the paper.
- For Literature section, read all chapters and poems thoroughly and memorise the titles and authors of the chapters and poems.
- When writing answers, try to be concise and stick to the word limit.
- Keep 10 to 15 minutes extra time in the end to revise all your answers and rectify the spelling or grammatical mistakes if any.