CBSE 10th Maths Exam 2021: Important MCQs from Chapter-2 Polynomials with Detailed Solutions
Check the important MCQ questions with answers from Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 - Polynomials. PDF of all questions is also provided for download.
Get here MCQs on Class 10 Maths Chapter 2- Polynomials. All these questions are provided with answers and detailed solutions. Students can also download all the solved MCQs in PDF format so that they may practice with these questions in offline mode as well. All these questions are quite important for the upcoming CBSE Class 10 Maths Board Exam 2021.
Note- Following topics have been excluded from the revised CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus:
Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients.
Students must prepare according to the revised syllabus only.
Check below the solved MCQs from Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Polynomials:
1. The zeroes of the quadratic polynomial x2 + 99x + 127are
(A) both positive
(B) both negative
(C) one positive and one negative
(D) both equal
2. If the zeroes of the quadratic polynomial x2 + bx + c , c ≠ 0are equal, then
(A) c and a have opposite signs
(B) c and b have opposite signs
(C) c and a have the same sign
(D) c and b have the same sign
3. The number of polynomials having zeroes as –2 and 5 is
(D) more than 3
4. The degree of the polynomial (x + 1)(x2 – x – x4 +1) is:
Explanation: Since the highest degree variable in first bracket is x and in second bracket is x4 on multiplying x with x4.the highest power we obtain is 5.
5. If the zeroes of the quadratic polynomial x2 + (a + 1)x + b are 2 and –3, then
(A) a = –7, b = –1
(B) a = 5, b = –1
(C) a = 2, b = – 6
(D) a = 0, b = – 6
6. Given that one of the zeroes of the cubic polynomial ax3 + bx2 + cx + d is zero, the product of the other two zeroes is
7. If one of the zeroes of the cubic polynomial x3 + ax2 + bx + c is –1, then the
Product of the other two zeroes is
(A) b – a + 1
(B) b – a – 1
(C) a – b + 1
(D) a – b –1
8. If one of the zeroes of the quadratic polynomial (k – 1)x2 + kx + 1 is –3, then the value of k is
(B) – 4/3
(D) – 2/3
10. The value of p for which the polynomial x3 + 4x2 –px + 8 is exactly divisible by (x – 2) is:
11. If sum of the squares of zeroes of the quadratic polynomial 6x2 + x + k is 25/36, the value of k is:
(B) – 4
(D) – 2
12. If α and β are zeroes of x2 – 4x + 1, then 1/α + 1/β – αβ is
13. If (x + 1) is a factor of x2− 3ax +3a − 7, then the value of a is:
14. If one of the zeroes of a quadratic polynomial of the form x2 + ax + b is the negative of the other, then it
(A) has no linear term and the constant term is negative.
(B) has no linear term and the constant term is positive.
(C) can have a linear term but the constant term is negative.
(D) can have a linear term but the constant term is positive
15. If α, β are zeroes of x2 –6x + k, what is the value of k if 3α + 2β = 20?
All the above questions can also be downloaded in PDF from the following link:
Important Articles for the Preparations of Class 10 Maths Exam 2021:
We have prepared some articles which will help the class 10 students in preparations of their Maths exam by summarising all important resources at one place. Students can check the following links to explore the important articles to prepare in an effective manner and perform well in the exam: