CBSE 10th Science Board Exam 2020: Important MCQs from Chapter 14 Sources of Energy
Check MCQs on Sources of Energy to prepare for the objective type questions for CBSE Class 10 Science Exam 2020. All the questions and answers are also available for download in PDF.
CBSE class 10 Science paper in board exam 2020 will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) on different concepts. We are collating mcqs from all chapters of class 10 Science so that students can easily revise all important concepts and get prepared to attempt the questions correctly in exam. In this chapter, we are providing the important MCQs on Class 10 Science Chapter 14: Sources of Energy. Students must read these questions to test their knowledge of fundamental concepts. Answers of all questions are also provided here.
Important MCQs from CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
1. A good fuel is one that possesses:
(a) High calorific value and low ignition temperature
(b) Low calorific value and low ignition temperature
(c) High calorific value and moderate ignition temperature
(d) Low calorific value and moderate ignition temperature
Answer: (c) High calorific value and moderate ignition temperature
2. There are four fuels which all contain only carbon and hydrogen. The fuel having highest calorific value will be one which has:
(a) More of carbon but less of hydrogen
(b) Less of carbon but more of hydrogen
(c) Equal proportions of carbon and hydrogen
(d) Less of carbon as well as less of hydrogen
Answer: (b) Less of carbon but more of hydrogen
3. Coke is more valuable when used:
(a) As a fuel for industrial boilers
(b) As an oxidizing agent
(c) As a reducing agent
(d) As a fuel in domestic ovens
Answer: (c) As a reducing agent
4. In a hydroelectric power plant more electrical power can be generated if water falls from a greater height because:
(a) Its temperature increases.
(b) Larger amount of potential energy is converted into kinetic energy.
(c) The electricity content water increases with height.
(d) More water molecules dissociate into ions.
Answer: (b) Larger amount of potential energy is converted into kinetic energy.
5. In order to make efficient solar cooker, the cover of cooker box should be made of:
(a) Transparent plastic sheet
(b) Shining aluminium sheet
(c) Butter paper sheet
(d) Transparent glass
Answer: (d) Transparent glass
6. Which of the followings is not a fossil fuel?
(c) Natural gas
(d) Nuclear fuel
Answer: (d) Nuclear fuel
7. The rise of sea-water during high tide is caused by the gravitational pull of the:
Answer: (c) Moon
8. What is the energy equivalent of one atomic mass unit?
(a) 93.1 MeV
(b) 9.31 MeV
(c) 1 MeV
(d) 931 MeV
Answer: (d) 931 MeV
9. How many joules are there in 1eV?
(a) 1.6 × 10-19 J
(b) 9.1 × 10-31 J
(c) 6.0 ×1023 J
(d) 1.6 × 10-13 J
Answer: (a) 1.6 × 10-19 J
10. The disposal of wastes produced in a nuclear power plant is a big problem because it is:
(a) Highly radioactive
(b) Highly inflammable
(c) Extremely foul smelling
(d) Too heavy
Answer: (a) Highly radioactive
11. The energy efficient device for producing light is:
Answer: (b) CFL
12. The radiation present in the sunlight that gives us the feeling of hotness is
(a) Visible radiation
Answer: (b) Infra-red
13. The major constituent of biogas is
Answer: (a) Methane
14. The process by which energy is produced in the sun is
(a) Nuclear fission
(b) Nuclear fusion
(c) Both nuclear fusion and fission
(d) Combustion of hydrogen
Answer: (b) Nuclear fusion
15. The diagram shows a simple calorimeter system for measuring the heat given out by a liquid fuel contained in the burner. The experimental data for four fuels A, B, C and D is given below. 100 ml (100g) of water was put in the calorimeter and a thermometer is used to measure the change in temperature. With the help of the data find the fuel which is the least efficient?
Mass of fuel
Rise in temperature
Answer: (a) A
Students can also download and save these questions in PDF to use in offline mode as and when required. Link to download is provided below:
MCQs on other chapters of Class 10 Science can be availed from the following link:
You may also check the following links to get some other useful articles to prepare in an effective manner for the upcoming Class 10 Science CBSE Exam 2020: