CBSE has released the marking scheme that was followed while evaluating the answers sheets of Class 10 Board Exam 2019. This CBSE Class 10 Social Science Marking Scheme 2019 contains suggested answers and also mentions the distribution of marks across the questions. The content in CBSE marking scheme is indicative, i.e., it involves only the key points that must be included in each answer and does not contain the complete answers. So, if a student has given any other answer which is different from the one given in the Marking Scheme but conveys the meaning, such answers are given due weightage.
Students may download the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Marking Scheme 2019 in PDF. By going through the CBSE marking scheme, students should understand the art of answering the questions and the marks allotted for the illustration of an answer. These are the essential skills that must be learned to score maximum marks in board exams.
Links to download the CBSE Class 10 Social Science marking scheme along with Social Science questions paper 2019 are provided below:
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Question Paper Pattern 2019:
Question paper had total 26 questions of different formats as described below:
- Section A: Question number 1 to 7 with 1 mark each.
- Section B: Question number 8 to 18 with 3 marks each.
- Section C: Question number 19 to 25 with 5 marks each.
- Question number 26 A - History Map of 2 marks
- Question number 26 B - Geography Map of 3 marks
CBSE Class 10 Social Science paper carried a total of 80 marks.
Internal choices were provided for:
- 4 questions in Section A
- 6 questions in Section B
- 3 questions in Section C
- Map based questions in 26B
In CBSE Class 10 Social Science Paper 2019, board had prescribed the following word limits for answering questions in different sections:
- Questions in Section A to be answered in about 30 words each.
- Questions in Section B to be answered in about 80 words each.
- Questions in Section C to be answered in about 100 words each.