Go through the compiled set of questions & answers of CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Chapter 7 (Directing). These long & short type questions are based on NCERT and other reference books. Students giving CBSE class 12 Board exam 2020 will find these questions very helpful.
Q1- Mention any three principles of Directing.
Ans- The three principles of Directing are:
- Maximum Individual Contribution
- Managerial Communication
Q2- What are the different networks of grapevine communications?
Ans- The different networks of grapevine communication are:
- Probability Network
- Cluster Network
- Single Strand Network
- Gossip Network
Q3- Explain the meaning of ‘motivation’ as an element of directing.
Ans- Motivation in the context of an organisation means the process of making subordinates act in a desired manner so as to achieve certain organisational goals.
Q4- What are the elements of Directing?
Ans- The main elements of directing are:
Q5- Mention any two non-financial incentives
Ans: The two non- financial incentives are:
- Status-Status is referred to as the position or rank given to an employee of an organisation. Status means to be any managerial or supervisory post assigned to a person.
- Career Advancement Position-It means higher-level progression in one’s career. A person’s growth can be identified from an entry-level job to a managerial position within the same field.
Q6- Mention various types of leadership styles?
Ans- The different kinds of leadership styles are:
- Democratic leadership style
- Autocratic leadership style
- Laissez-Faire leadership style
Q7- Mention the semantic barriers of communication?
Ans- Semantic barriers of communication are the use or understanding of language. Sometimes certain words, sentences or phrases are misunderstood which can lead to the different meanings which can lead to the obstruction of effective communication. Such barriers in communication that arise out of the difficulty in understanding words and sentences are known as semantic barriers.
Q8- Give three points of importance of directing the function of management.
Answer: The three points highlighting the importance of directing the function of management.
- Directing Integrates Employee’s Effort
- Motivation and Leadership
- Directing Initiates action
Q9- What are the qualities of a good leader? Do qualities alone ensure that leadership will be successful?
Ans- No, the presence of the leadership qualities does not ensure its success. Some of the qualities of a good leader are:
Q10- Give two points that highlight the importance of directing the function of management.
Ans- The two points that highlight the importance of directing the function of management are:
- Achieving Objectives
- Employees Development