Get the CBSE Class 9th Mathematics chapter 13, Surface Areas and Volumes: Important topics and to prepare for Class 9 Mathematics Examination, 2017-2018. This article will provide you an idea about what type of questions will be framed for exam and from which topics. The pattern in which the question paper is set is quite different from the manner in which the course structure is defined actually. Consider the terms/questions mentioned in this article while preparing the chapter, Surface Areas and Volumes.
CBSE Class 9 Mathematics Syllabus 2017-2018
Revise the below given important terms/topics for the chapter 'Surface Areas & Volumes' and then opt for the Important Questions:
Important Questions are as below:
- A solid cylinder has a total surface area of 213 cm2. Its curved surface area is 2/3 of the total surface area. Find the volume of the cylinder.
- The dimensions of a cuboid are in the ratio 1: 2: 3 and its total surface area is 88 m2. Find the dimensions.
- The radius and height of a cone are in the ratio 4: 3. The area of the base is 154 cm2. Find the area of the curved surface.
- A hemispherical bowl of internal diameter 36 cm contains a liquid. This liquid is to be filled in cylindrical bottles of radius 3 cm and height 6 cm. How many bottles are required to empty the bowl?
- A wooden toy is in the form of a cone surmounted on a hemisphere. The diameter of the base of the cone is 6 cm and its height is 4 cm. Find the cost of painting the toy at the rate of Rs. 5 per 1000 cm2.
- Three cubes of each side 4 cm are joining end to end. Find the surface area of resulting cuboid.
- If the radius of a sphere is doubled, what is the ratio of the volume of the first sphere to that of the second sphere?
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the CBSE Group.