Check NCERT based extra questions for CBSE Class 9 Science Chapter 13 - Why Do We Fall Ill. We have also provided answers to all questions. Practicing with these questions will help you in quick revision of important concepts used in the NCERT Book. Once, you will have a clear understanding of all the concepts, you will be able to answer all questions accurately. You can also download CBSE Class 9 Science Extra Questions for Chapter 13 in PDF format.
CBSE Class 9 Science Extra Questions for Chapter 13 - Why Do We Fall Ill:
1. When is a person said to be healthy?
A person with a state of physical, mental and social well-being is said to be healthy.
2. What is a disease?
Disease is a state in which body or organs of body show variations in their functioning.
3. Which of the following has a long-term effect on our health?
(a) Chronic disease
(b) Acute disease
(a) Chronic disease
Chronic diseases are the diseases that persist for a long period of time. For example AIDS, elephantiasis, cancer, tuberculosis, etc.
4. Which bacterium is responsible for peptic ulcers?
A bacterium called Helicobacter pylori is responsible for peptic ulcers.
5. Name the microbe that does not have its own biochemical mechanisms but depends upon that of the host cell.
Virus is the microbe that does not have its own biochemical mechanisms but depends upon that of the host cell.
6. Which disease is also called hydrophobia and why?
Rabies is also called as hydrophobia because the person suffering from this disease develops a fear of water. The person has difficulty even in drinking water.
7. What is the mode of transmission of pneumonia?
The mode of transmission of pneumonia is air.
8. What are the principles of treatment?
The principles of treatment are:
(i) Reduce the effect of the disease
(ii) Kill the cause of the disease
9. What are the principles of prevention?
Two basic principles of prevention are:
(i) Preventing exposure against microbes
(ii) Boosting the immune system
10. How does immunisation helps prevent the disease?
You may download all the above questions and answers in PDF from the link given below:
Download CBSE Class 9 Science Extra Questions for Chapter 13 - Why Do We Fall Ill
Students must go through the latest CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science so that they can prepare according to the contents prescribed by the board.