Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) is the sole University of India engaged in development of human resource in areas of fisheries and aquaculture. CIFE announced admission to PhD programme in 11 disciplines of Fisheries Science for the academic session beginning on 1 August 2013 through All India Competitive Examination.
Name of Programme
- Sale of Information Bulletin/ Application form: 25 April 2013
- Sale of Information Bulletin/ Application form (by Post) closes: 24 May 2013
- Closure of Sale of Information Bulletin/ Application form (by cash): 27 May 2013
- Deadline for submission of completed application form by post: 30 May 2013
- Competitive Examination conducts on: 7 July 2013
- Date of Interview/ Viva Voce: 8 July 2013
- Admission seekers should possess BFSc & MFSc (4 +2 years duration) or BSc & MSc (3 years) from CIFE (till 1995) with OGPA 7.5 out of 10 and 3.75 out of 5 (7 out of 10 and 3.50 out of 5 for SC/ ST applicants). OR
- DFSc provided aspirants holds a Bachelor’s degree in biological science with at least two years of experience in fisheries development work post qualification.
- Sponsored Candidates: Applicants possessing MSc in Fish and Fisheries & allied disciplines with a minimum of two years work experience in Fisheries development work can apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates should not be below 22 years of age as on 31 July 2013.
Selection of the candidates will be based on the entrance test followed by an interview/ viva voce to be conducted by the institute on the specified dates.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 300 and can be paid through cash while obtaining the information bulletin from PG section or in the form of Demand Draft sent along with the downloaded application form.
Those who want to get the application form and information bulletin by post will have to remit the DD of Rs 350.
DD must be drawn in favour of “ICAR Unit, CIFE, Mumbai” payable at SBI, Versova, Mumbai.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can download the application form from the website of the institute.
- Besides this, the application form along with information bulletin can be attained through cash payment or sending DD to concerned office to obtain by post.
- Filled in application form along with DD (in case of downloaded form) must reach to the undersigned on or before due date:
Central Institute of Fisheries Education
Off Yari Road
To seek more details, please visit CIFE’s website http://www.cife.edu.in/cifemod2/index.php