Nagpur division of Central Railway invited application for recruitment against Sports Quota for the year 2013-14. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 29 November 2013.The Central Railway is one of the largest of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It covers a large part of the state of Maharashtra and small part of Southern Madhya Pradesh and North-Eastern Karnataka. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus). It includes the first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Bombay to Thane on 16 April 1853.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 29 November 2013
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands: 6 December 2013
Name of Post: Group-D in Pay Band - 1 of Rs 5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay Rs 1800
Name of the Discipline:
- Football (Men): 2 Posts
- Cricket (Men): 2 Posts
- Hockey (Men): 1 Post
Total No. of Posts: 5 Posts
- Candidate should have 18 years and not below 25 years as on 30 October 2013.
- No Age Relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidate.
Candidate should be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent from a recognized Board/Body.
- Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay application fee of Rs. 40/- in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of Sr. Divisional Finance Manager (Sr.DFM) Nagpur, payable at Nagpur.
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from the examination fee.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800
Candidate’s selection shall be made on the basis of trials with DOPE TEST, assessment of sports achievement and general intelligence/personality etc.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed application format as given in the notification.
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates in proof of educational qualification, proof of date of birth, proof of sports achievements, latest community certificate, DD and with super scribed on the top as “Application against sports quota 2013-14 (open advertisement scheme)-Game________”.
- Application form should reach to the Senior Divisional Personnel Officer, Nagpur division, Central Railway, Divisional Railway Manager’s office, Kingsway, Nagpur, Pincode-440001 before 29 November 2013.