Central Railway invited applications for recruitment to 52 Different Posts against Sports Quota. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 23 September 2013. The Central Railway is one of the largest of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It covers a large part of the state of Maharashtra and small part of Southern Madhya Pradesh and North-Eastern Karnataka. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus). It includes the first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Bombay to Thane on 16 April 1853.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 23 September 2013
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for Far Flung Areas: 8 October 2013
Name of Post
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs. 2800/2400: 05 Posts
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs. 2000/1900: 16 Posts
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs. 1800: 31 Posts
Total No. of Posts: 52 Posts
- Candidate should have 18 years and not below 25 years as on 1 January 2014.
- No Age Relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidate.
- For Post with GP Rs. 2800/2400: Graduation
- For Post with GP Rs. 2000/1900/1800: 10th pass or equivalent.
- Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay application fee of Rs.100/- in the form of Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway, Mumbai.
- SC/ST/EXSM/PWD /Women /Minority candidates/Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of field trial, assessment of sports achievement, educational qualification and interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed application format as given in the notification or may also be downloaded from website: www.rrccr.com
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates, two self addressed envelope with postage stamp on each envelop and with super scribed on the top as “Application against sports quota (Open Advertisement ) recruitment for the year 2013-14”.
- Application form should reach to Assistant Personnel Officer, Chief Personnel Officer’s Office, General Manager s building, 1st floor, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai-400 001 before 23 September 2013.