Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India notified regulations governing the Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for OBC candidates. The Scheme provides financial assistance to the selected candidates for pursuing Master level courses and Ph.D abroad in the following specified fields of study:-
c) Agricultural Science; and
1. Engineering: 7 seats
2. Management: 6 seats
3. Agricultural Science: 6 seats
4. Medicine: 6 seats
For Ph.D.: 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Masters' Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who hold lien with their existing post and employer.
For Masters' Degree: 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelors' Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who hold lien with their existing post and employer.
Age: Below 35 years
Total family income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.3,00,000/- per annum. A copy of latest tax-assessment as well as latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application.
Maximum number of children in a family
Not more than one child of the same parents/guardians will be eligible for award of this scholarship and to this effect a self-certification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the award for second or subsequent times as one individual can be awarded for once. The award can be given only once.
- Eligible candidates can apply to the Ministry (employed candidates through proper channel), in the prescribed application form after the advertisement for the same is released. The last date of receiving applications will also be mentioned in the advertisement.
- For the courses of higher studies not available in India, due preference would be given while making selection of candidates by the Screening Committee.
- Students who have already taken admission in one of the notified foreign universities/Institutions from the academic session 2013-14 onwards and are pursuing higher studies may be considered for the award on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The list of Institutions/Universities abroad would be notified by the same Committee accredited for National Overseas Scholarship for Scheduled Castes (SC) etc. of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.