Central Tobacco Research Institute invited application for recruitment to the post of Lower Division Clerk. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 18 June 2013. Central Tobacco Research Institute was established in Rajahmundry (Andhra Pradesh) in 1947. The Institute was under the administrative control of ICTC, Madras from 1947 to 1965 and subsequently transferred to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi. ICAR acts as a repository of information and provides consultancy on agriculture, horticulture, resource management, animal sciences, agricultural engineering, fisheries, agricultural extension, agricultural education, home science and agricultural communication. It has the mandate to co-ordinate agricultural research and development programmes and to develop linkages at national and international level with related organizations to enhance the quality of life of the farming community.
Last date of receipt of application: 18 June 2013
Name of the Post: Lower Division Clerk
Total No. of Vacancies: 07
- Candidates age must be between 18 -27 years as on last date of receipt of application.
- The upper age is relaxable for ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PWD) as per the Government of India rules.
(i) 12th Class or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or University.
(ii) A typing speed of 35 w.p.m. in English or 30 w.p.m. in Hindi on computer. (35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to 10500 KDPH on an average of 5 key depressions for each word).
- Candidates have to pay Rs.500/-in the form of crossed Demand Draft obtained in favor of “ICAR Unit CTRI” payable at State Bank of India, AP Paper Mills Branch Rajahmundry (IFS Code: SBIN0001980).
- No fee for SC/ST and women candidates. Persons with disabilities are also exempted from payment of fee subject to submission of prescribed medical certificate.
Pay Scale: PB-1; Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Plus Allowances)
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written examination and Typing Test.
How to Apply
- Candidates have to apply in prescribed format of application.
- Fill the form, affix photo, attach copies of age, caste, educational, technical and experience certificates must be sent to the address given below:
Central Tobacco Research Institute,
Indian Council of Agricultural Research,
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed as “Application for the Post of Lower Division Clerk”.