Central University of Punjab (CUP), Bathinda, is amongst the fastest growing new Central Universities established by the Government of India in 2009.
CUP has state of art facilities for teaching and research, and is a part of National Knowledge Network. The University issued notification for recruitment of Faculty (Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors) to 74 Centres under 12 schools to established by the University. The University has adopted a Rolling (open) application system for recruitment to these faculty positions.
Name of Post: Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors (Faculty Positions)
Nature of Recruitment: Rolling/Open Advertisement
Name of Schools and associated Centers where positions are available
|Sl. No||Name of School||Associated Centers|
|1||School of Environment and Earth Sciences||Centre for Environmental Science and Technology|
|2||School of Social Sciences||
Centre for Economic Studies;
Centre for Historical Studies;
|3||School of Languages, Literature and Culture||
Centre for Comparative Literature;
Centre for Museology, Archeology and Conservation;
Centre for Punjabi Language, Literature and Culture;
Centre for Hindi Language and Literature;
Centre for Sikh Studies;
Centre for Classical & Modern Languages;
|4||School of Basic and Applied Sciences||
Centre for Biosciences;
Centre for Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences;
Centre for Physical and Mathematical Sciences;
Centre for Waste Management;
Centre for Computational Sciences;
|5||School of Emerging Life Science Technologies||
Centre for Genetic Diseases and Molecular Medicine;
Centre for Bioinformatics;
|6||School of Design and Planning||Centre for Green Architecture and Landscape Design;|
|7||School of Global Relations||Centre for South and Central Asian Studies|
|8||School of Management||
Centre for Information Technology and Management;
Centre for Education
|9||School of Engineering and Technology||Centre for Computer Science and Technology|
|10||School of Legal Studies and Governance||Centre for Environmental Law|
|11||School of Health Sciences||Centre for Human Genetics|
|Sl. No||Faculty Position||Pay Scale|
|1||Professors||Pay Band Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs.10000|
|2||Associate Professors||Pay Band Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs.9000|
|3||Assistant Professors||Pay Band Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000|
Essential Qualifications: As per UGC regulations on minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in higher education 2010.
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of Rs.500 (Rs.250 for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Person with disabilities) has to be deposited through a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘Central University of Punjab, Bathinda.’
Selection Procedure: The process of selection may be by a Presentation / Seminar / Interview or a combination thereof.
How to apply: Completely filled in application forms along with Academic Performance Index (API) Form, fee DD and copies of necessary documents should be sent to “Registrar, Central University of Punjab, City Campus, Mansa Road, Bathinda-151 001”.
Application forms from prospective candidates are accepted throughout the year.
Those who have applied earlier need to submit Academic Performance Index (API) form, 5 copies of Summary of the Application Form (available at: www.cup.ac.in and Updated CV if not updated recently (without application fee).
Based on the qualification of the candidates and the need of the School/Centre concerned, the applications received will be processed through appropriately constituted selection committees at regular interval of the time.
• Separate application along with application fee should be submitted for each post applied for.
• Minimum qualification can be relaxed in case of exceptionally outstanding candidate.
• Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
• Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position in the same area of specialization.
• Retired Professor up to the age of 64 years in the relevant subject may also apply.
• The age of the superannuation for all the posts shall be as per UGC norms.
• Candidates will have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in interview.
• Candidates in their own interest are advised to remain in touch with the University website. They should also check their email account for updates.
• No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
• In all Centres (except Centre for Green Architecture and Landscape Design) where integrated Ph.D. programmes are running, NET+ Ph.D. would be the minimum eligibility condition for Assistant Professors.
• CUP provides Dislocation allowances, Professional Advancement Allowance (Annual membership to Professional Association(s), Travel Allowance to attend national and international conferences, Book allowance, etc.,) as per university rules.
• The University follows Government of India rules for reservations.