CLAT counseling is conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law degree programs after the announcement of the result. The courses are offered by CLAT participating institutions which include NLUs, government and private institutions.
After a few days of the declaration of written result, the authority releases the merit list in which candidates can check their names. Candidates those names appear in the merit list are called for the counseling.
CLAT 2019 – Schedule for Counselling Process
- Declaration of result & releasing of merit list: June 2019
- Releasing of 1st seat allocation list: 2nd week of June 2019
- Payment of counseling fee & exercising options: 2nd week of June 2019
- Releasing of 2nd seat allotment list: 3rd week of June 2019
- Counseling fee payment & exercising options: 3rd week of June 2019
- Date for locking of allotted seats after exercising option for shifting or withdrawing from the admission process against the second allotment list: 3rd week of June 2019
- Last date of withdrawal from the Admission Process: 3rd week of June 2019
- Releasing of 3rd allotment list: 4th week of June 2019
- Payment of full fees by the candidates whose name appear for the first time in the third allotment list to the allotted Universities: Last week of June 2019
- Receiving status of admissions from the participating NLU (s) in the CLAT office: 1st week of July 2019
- Closing of admission process: 1st week of July 2019
Who will be attending Counseling for CLAT 2019?
- Test-takers of CLAT 2019 who are issued call letters need to attend the CLAT 2019 Counseling. They will have to follow these steps:
- Click on the link of CLAT 2019 Counseling as given below
- In the given space enter the registration id and password
- After that click on ‘Counseling’
- An indicative seat allotment list will open
- Candidates whose name feature in the allotment list released will be required to pay an amount as counseling fee
- Exercise ‘Seat Lock’ option given against the allotted NLU
- Then save a copy of the allotment list for future references.
- To participate CLAT 2019 Counseling - Click here (Link will be activated by the first week of June 2019)
CLAT 2019 Counseling Process – Overview
- Publication of first admission list
CLAT authorities publish the first indicative list on merit-cum-preference basis online on the official website of CLAT exam. The first indicative list is published university-wise.
- Pay CLAT Counseling Fee
Provisionally selected students have to deposit Rs 50,000 as counseling fee.
Candidates who are selected provisionally need to deposit the counseling fee and perform any of the below mentioned activities:
- Publication of second admission list
Once the admission process of candidates whose names feature in the first merit list is complete, the CLAT authorities publish a second list with names of aspirants who have paid the counseling fee and thereafter secured a seat in colleges accepting CLAT scores. The official website informs: “A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released in the second list that are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates, if any”. It is further shared that, “The additional candidates are also required to pay the requisite counseling fee of 50,000 and reserve their seat within the prescribed time period as per the CLAT calendar”.
- Publication of third admission list
This admission list consists of the names of aspirants who have paid their fee and thereafter reserved a seat in one of the NLUs.“The comprehensive list shall include the name of candidates who have paid the counseling fee against the first and second indicative list. A list of waitlisted candidates will also be released along with the third allotment list that are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates”, informs the official Common Law Admission Test 2019 (CLAT 2019) website.
- Completing admission formalities
The official website states: “The candidates seeking admission under various categories specially those belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/Specially abled person/DFF/NRI and the unreserved category candidates seeking admission under state domicile category, will be required to obtain the relevant and authentic certificates/documents from the competent authorities and produce the same at the time of admission in the concerned NLU”.
Candidates should remember one important thing i.e. if any candidate who does not report to their allotted NLU after the CLAT 2019 merit list is published and further fails to complete the CLAT 2019 admission formalities will not be given admission on the basis of their CLAT score and their entire counseling fee (Rs 50, 000) would also be forfeited.
CLAT 2019 Counselling Process – Documentation Process
Those candidates who have secured their names in merit list are supposed to bring following documents with them.
- CLAT Admit Card 2019 – Download Now
- CLAT Score Card
- Class 10th Marks-sheet (Date of Birth proof)
- Class 12th Marks-sheet (Academic Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Call Letter issued by CLAT authority
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
- Current passport size photographs
- CLAT 2019 Application Form
CLAT Counselling Process – Lock, Withdrawal and Upgrade of Seats
Any candidate who selects the 'lock' option at the time of CLAT 2019 counseling is considered to confirm his/her choice of NLU. Such an aspirant will not be considered for being shifted to any other NLU if a vacancy arises at any subsequent stage of counseling.
The candidates choosing ‘Upgrade’ option shall be considered against any vacancy arising in NLUs of his or her higher choice (upward shifting) via subsequent allotment list. There shall ONLY be upward shifting in the order of the candidates’ preferences provided in the application form depending on the availability of vacancies. There shall be no downward shifting at any stage of the counseling procedure by the CLAT 2019 office.
This option is accessible to the candidates in two ways (i) If any candidate attending counseling of CLAT 2019 fails to deposit the requisite amount of counseling fees, he/ she will lose the chance to get admission in NLUs of his/ her choice as his/ her name will be dropped from the admission merit list and this is the first way to withdraw an NLU seat, this can be done intentionally or can happen by mistake.
(ii) All the candidates who have been allotted NLUs will be offered a ‘Withdrawal’ option before the final seat allotment list, during the third round of counseling.
The candidates who wish to withdraw their candidature from the NLU admission process by the said date will be allowed to withdraw from the admissions and their deposited counseling fee will be transferred to their bank accounts after a deduction of Rs. 10,000 from deposited counseling fee.