All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has released the sample test with 18 MCQs to help the aspirants for this year entrance exam. The sample test will help aspirants in knowing format and level of actual CMAT - 2016 that is going to be held on January 17, 2016.
As per the official source of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), A Trial test will be available from 12-Dec-2015 onwards for the candidates to have a feel of the online test and navigation functionality. Candidates are advised to go through them carefully to familiarize themselves with the screens, layout, and navigation.
Structure of Trial / Sample Test
This year All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has published the sample test having 18 questions. In this sample test English comprehension section has maximum number of 9 questions and all other 3 sections taken together have 9 questions divided with 3 questions for each section.
CMAT Exam pattern / Structure
This exam will be held on January 17, 2016, of 3 hour duration from 9.30AM to 12.30PM. The reporting time for the test is 90 minutes before the beginning of test. Candidates are advised to reach the test venue by 8 AM.
CMAT will be an objective type exam. There will be no descriptive type questions in the exam.
There will negative marking for wrong answer in this exam. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
There are 4 answer options for each question and you are supposed to choose the best fit one.
CMAT will be online test of 3 hours duration. Exam paper will be consisted of 100 MCQ questions. Each MCQ will carry 4 marks and MCQ format based questions will be asked from 4 sections;
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation – 25 questions.
- Logical Reasoning – 25 questions.
- Language Comprehension – 25 questions.
- General Awareness – 25 questions.
Navigation buttons in the CMAT - 2016
AICTE will give candidates 7 navigation buttons in the CMAT exam
1. Start Test: Click on this button to start the start the test.
2. Next: Click on this button to go to next question in the same section.
3. Previous: By click on this button you can go back to earlier question in the same section.
4. Flag: If you want to review the question later then click on this button.
5. Unflag: If you want to remove flag action from the question then click on this button.
6. Submit: You can submit your test by clicking on this button thus candidates are advised to use this button very carefully because by clicking on this button your unattempted questions also will be submitted. In case you click on this button during the test, it would submit your answers before completion of the test.
Please note that the submit button will be enabled only after you have viewed all the questions at least once within the allotted time. CMAT test will automatically stop when the standard allotted time is over.
7. Deselect: Click on this button to deselect the marked answer and to mark a fresh answer.
Special Icons in CMAT - 2016
Some specific icons will be available in CMAT – 2016, while you are participating in sample test or actual test. So all participant must be familiar with the icons for smooth functioning in the examination. These icons are as follows;
1. There will be one icon for questions not attempted. With the help of this icon students can easily find the questions that are not attempted.
2. There will be one icon for questions attempted. So students need not to see questions again and again, it will save unnecessary wastage of time in the exam.
3. One icon for questions not attempted and flagged.
4. One icon for questions attempted and flagged.
5. One icon for time left, this icon will help students in time management.
Expected question paper of CMAT 2016
On the basis of the sample test and other estimations, it may be saidthat in this year CMAT exam there will be some changes in the nature and level of questions in compare to previous years’ CMAT exams. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) CMAT 2016 may be much closer to the pattern of MCQs asked in CAT exams but there will not be descriptive type questions in this test paper.
Section Wise detail of CMAT - 2016
CMAT – 2016 will be consisted of questions asked from 4 different sections that are as follow;
1. Language Comprehension
25 questions will be asked from Language Comprehension section. In this year it is expected to give more weight age to RC. It is also expected that questions based on Reading comprehension passage will be much closer to the pattern followed in the CAT exam, thus all participants must be aware of this pattern.
In CMAT - 2016 few questions can be asked on choosing the appropriate vocabulary words out of the 2 words in each sentence of a question consisting of 4 such sentences.
Some questions from language comprehension may be from the areas such as, correct use of parts of speech, punctuation marks, tenses, phrasal verbs in sentences, facts, inference and judgement as asked in CAT 2015.
2. Logical Reasoning
This section in CMAT - 2016 may contain questions on different topics like group or seating arrangements, team selections, direction sense among others.
3. Quant & DI
Difficulty level of questions from this section in the CMAT – 2016 definitely will be below than the difficulty level asked in the CAT – 2015 but pattern and area of questions may be somehow same.
4. General Awareness
Questions from this section in the CMAT – 2016 may be asked from the areas such as latest appointments, current affairs, international figures, economic developments, current major economic issues, Indian constitution etc.
Main Point of CMAT - 2016
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will now conduct only one CMAT exam in 2016 instead of two which used to be held in the months of September and February every year till now. Due to this change now students can prepare themselves better because they need not to involve in double process of this examination but this will also make an extra pressure on the participants because they only have one chance.
There are two way of getting admit cards, admit cards are available ONLINE on the official website of AICTE and these admit cards will be sent on the provided valid email ids.
CMAT is a test which is conducted by AICTE for shortlisting suitable candidates for admission in management programmes, from a huge number of participants. CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions and Colleges.