CBSE Class 12th Chapter, Coordination Compounds carries 3 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
- List the main postulates of Werner’s Theory of coordination compounds?
- State the difference between a double salt and a complex?
a) Lewis Acids
b) Coordination Entity
d) Coordination number
e) Coordination polyhedron
f) Coordination sphere
h) Oxidation number in central atom
- Differentiate between:
a) Homoleptic and Heterolyptic complexes
b) Didentate and Polydentate
c) helate ligand and ambidentate ligand
d) Cis-isomer and trans isomer
- Write the IUPAC nomenclature for the coordination compounds:
I) Draw the strictures of geometrical and optical isomers?
II) Give the stereochemistry and magnetic moment of the complex?
III) Give the oxidation state of the central metal ion?
IV) Discuss the nature of bonding on the basis of valence bond theory?
V) Predict the respective colour of the given compound?
- Why is geometrical isomerism not possible in tetrahedral complexes having two different types of unidentate ligands coordinated with the central metal ion?
- [Fe(H2O)6]3+ is strongly paramagnetic whereas [Fe(CN)6]3– is weakly paramagnetic. Explain.
- Explain on the basis of valence bond theory that [Ni(CN)4]2– ion with square planar structure is diamagnetic and the [NiCl4]2– ion with tetrahedral geometry is paramagnetic.
- Write note on:
a) Linkage isomerism
b) Hydrate isomerism
c) Coordination isomerism
d) Ionization isomerism
- Give evidence that [Co(NH3)5Cl]SO4 and [Co(NH3)5SO4]Cl are ionization isomers.
- List the drawbacks of Werner’s theory?
- List the limitations of Valence bond Theory?
- Calculate the overall complex dissociation equilibrium constant for the Cu(NH3)42+ ion, given that β4 for this complex is 3.8 × 1012?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More………