Corporate quizzes here will test you on questions related to corporate world. You will be able to acknowledge your knowledge related to the current affairs on corporate section. Acquisitions, mergers, buying stake in companies, appointments of CEOs and executives will be focus of the corporate quizzes here. Answer these questions to judge your knowledge about the corporate current affairs that took place over the week.
1. Who was signed as the brand ambassador of Blackberry Smartphone maker Research-In-Motion (RIM) in third week of December 2012?
a) Shahrukh Khan
b) Ranbir Kapoor
c) Salman Khan
d) Shahid kapoor
Answer: (b) Ranbir Kapoor
2. The New York Stock Exchange which is said to be the foundation of American capitalism for 220 years now, agreed to sell itself as part of the 8.2 billion dollar takeover by IntercontinentalExchange Inc. (ICE). Which of the following statements is true in this context?
a) ICE is an Atlanta-based company and laid its foundation just 12 years ago.
b) ICE operates derivatives as well as commodities markets across the world.
c) ICE is highly renowned among general public.
d) ICE never aligned with NASDAQ OMX Group for making combined 11 billion dollar bid for NYSE Euronext.
i. Statements (a) and (b) are true.
ii. Only statement (a) is true.
iii. Statements (a), (b) and (d) are true.
iv. None of the statements if true.
Answer: (i) Statements (a) and (b) are true.
3. Which is the only company headquartered in India to be named in the list of 100 key liaison service outsourcing companies, by China’s Ministry of Commerce in the third week of December?
Answer: (d) Infosys
4. Who was appointed as the chairman of Tata Sons, the firm that holds more than 100 billion dollar Tata Group, on 18 December 2012?
a) Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry
b) Ratan Tata
c) Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
d) None of these
Answer: (c) Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
5. As per the research firm IHS iSuppli, which mobile brand displaced Nokia to become the world’s leading top mobile brand for the year 2012?
Answer: (a) Samsung