Corporate Current Affairs Quiz will act as a guide to your success in various competitive examinations like Bank PO, NABARD, RBI, LIC, Civil Services, MBA and other. With the idea of corporate affairs, you can easily take lead in interviews and tests that you are going to face for future making. The knowledge of the corporate affairs also helps you to be in touch with the business world.
1. Name the Online travel company that in November 2012 acquired the Hotel Travel Group (HT Group) for $25 million.
a) Thomas Cook (India)
b) Make My Trip India Pvt Ltd
c) Club Mahindra
d) Trip Advisor
Answer. (b) Make My Trip India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Name the British Defence major that signed an agreement with Smile Foundation, a Non-Government Organisation for supporting the underprivileged in Health Care and Primary Education?
a) BAE Systems
b) AB Precision (Poole) Ltd
c) Abbott & Co (Newark) Ltd
d) Avon Inflatables Ltd/Zodiac Milpro
Answer. (a) BAE Systems
3. Vodafone recently tied up with a Bank for launching its Mobile Payment Services. Name the Bank with which the tie-up was done?
a) HDFC Bank
c) ICICI Bank
Answer. (c) ICICI Bank
4. In November 2012 a chain of coffee bar and a English Book Publishing company tied up to launch the books together. Name the two brands?
a) Penguin Books and Café Coffee Day
b) Café Coffee Day and Rupa
c) Rupa and Barista Lavazza
d) Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books
Answer. (d) Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books
5. The first book to be released at Barista Lavazza would be of renowned writer Shobha De’s much anticipated book. Which of the following statement in relation to the book launch is false?
a) Sethji Coffee is the name of book and Barista Lavazza as an Innovative marketing strategy has planned to launch a new flavor of coffee, titled the ‘Sethji Coffee’ which is inspired from the traits of the lead character of the book.
b) As per the deal Barista Lavazza is going to provide space to the Penguin Books for its high profile book launches and in return it will bring the enriching collection of Penguin Books for free reading to its customers
c) The launches would be attended only by the invited guests from the two parties but restrictions would be imposed on the fans and followers of the book from attending the Author Meet n Greet Sessions for meeting and interacting with the authors.
d) In order to attract customers, Barista Lavazza would start a Book Club at its cafes, wherein customers can enjoy book reading sessions while sipping coffee
i. Statements a, b and d are false
ii. Statement a b and c are false
iii. Statement c is false
iv.Statement c and d is false
Answer. (iii) Statement c is false