Corporate Current Affairs Quiz is a guide to your success for various competitive examinations like Bank PO, NABARD, RBI, LIC, Civil Services, MBA and other. The knowledge of the corporate affairs also helps you to be in touch with the business world.
1. Out of the four statements mentioned below, which one of them is false?
a) Dish TV in October 2012 announced a basic service of 70 channels at affordable rates for five year before the blackout that effected the transmission of television signals from 31st October
b) Mercedes Benz India in October 2012 rolled out its first locally assembled SUV, the ML 250, from its Chakan plant near, Pune.
c) GVK Power Secured Green Nod for Port Development in Austria
d) None of the above statements are true
Answer: (c) GVK Power Secured Green Nod for Port Development in Austria is a false statement
2. Name the company that has unveiled the first locally assembled SUV in the Indian market?
a) Corolla motors
c) Mercedes Benz
Answer: (c) Mercedes Benz
3. Name the Indian company that received Australian federal government's approval for its Terminal-III (T3) development at the port of Abbot Point, near Bowen in Australia, under the environment protection and biodiversity conservation Act 1999 recently in October 2012.
a) DLF Group
b) GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
c) Jay Pee Group
d) IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd
Answer: (b) Hyderabad-based GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
4. Name the car making company that recalled 7.4 million on road vehicles for rectification of the faulty Power Window Switches, having a potential of fire hazards?
a) Honda City
b) Skoda Auto
c) Toyota Moto Corps
d) Hyundai Motor Company
Answer: (c) Toyota Moto Corps
5. Google in October 2012 launched free SMS chat service for its Indian users this feature of Google is available with 51 different countries of the world. Which of the following statements in relation to this feature is true?
a) Google first started this service from some of the African countries in the year 2011
b) To avail the services of Free Gmail SMS, will have to pay a fixed amount following the type of plan the user would choose
c) Users can easily send text messages to mobile phones via Gmail Chat, but for this they will have to use iPad or iPhone
d) In case, the SMS credit limit slashes down to zero, the credit would increase automatically after 24 hours after getting the plan recharged as per the limitations
Answer: (a) Google first started this service from some of the African countries in the year 2011