Director, Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla, invited applications for recruitment to the post of Technician and Technical Assistant under the administrative control of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. The Central Potato Research Institute (CPRI) was established in 1949. The primary mandate of CPRI is to undertake basic and strategic research aimed at the development of varieties and sustainable technologies for enhancing productivity and utilization of potato in the country. It also has the responsibility of producing disease-free basic seed to meet the country’s requirement.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 21 December 2013
- Closing Date of Application Forms: 20 January 2014 (within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement)
- Closing Date of Application Forms for the candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladhak Division of J&K State, Lahul & Spiti Distt. & Pangi Sub Division of Chamba Distt. of HP and Andeman Nikobar Island and Lakshadweep: 4 February 2014 (within 45 days from the date of publication of the advertisement)
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts
Field Farm Group (Category –I)
- Technician: 4 posts
Laboratory Technician Group (Category –II)
- Technical Assistant: 1 post
- Technical Assistant (Stat.): 1 post
Press and Editorial Group (Category-II)
- Technical Assistant (Hindi Translator): 1 post
Total No. of Posts: 7
- Candidate age should be between 18-30 years as on closing date for receipt of application.
- Relaxation is applicable as per Govt Guidelines.
- Technician: 10th class passed with one year certificate in Agriculture or Horticulture from recognized Institution with minimum 55% marks.
- Technical Assistant: Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or Horticulture or Life Sciences from a recognized University with minimum 55% marks.
- Technical Assistant (Stat.): Bachelor Degree from a recognized University with Statistics as one of the main subject from recognized Institution with minimum 50% marks.
- Technical Assistant (Hindi Translator): Bachelor degree in Hindi as a subject from a recognized University, with 3 years experience in Science writing and Science journalism in the concerned language as evidenced by published material.
- Technician: Rs. 5200-20200 + Rs. 2000 Grade Pay
- Technical Assistant: Rs. 5200-20200 + Rs. 2800 Grade Pay
- Technical Assistant (Stat.): Rs. 5200-20200 + Rs. 2800 Grade Pay
- Technical Assistant (Hindi Translator): Rs. 5200-20200 + Rs. 2800 Grade Pay
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test/Personal Interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with photographs, attested copies of all required Certificates/Documents, should be submitted to the Asstt. Adm. Officer (Estt. I), CPRI, Shimla- 171 001 (HP) within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent