Quizzes on the Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues, international events, and other information from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the Current Affairs Quiz for August 2010 will update you on the latest incidents that the world is talking about. The quizzes will equip you to take different competitive examinations as well. Through these questions, you can test your preparation level on Civil Services Examination, Bank PO examination, Bank Clerk examination, MBA entrance test, LIC examinations, SSC examinations, all UPSC examinations, etc.
1. Which Pakistani aircraft flying from Karachi to Islamabad that crashed on 28 July 2010 killing 152 people on board?
a. Airblue flight ED 202
c. Airbus A310-300/ET
d. Boeing 777-200ER
2. The Bangladeshi anti-poverty banker Muhammad Yunus is to feature in an episode of hit US TV show The Simpsons. Yunus is also the founder of Grameen Bank. In which year had he along with the bank win the Nobel Prize for "their efforts to create economic and social development from below"
3. The Bharatiya Jnanpith on 3 August 2010 removed the V-C Vibhuti Narain Rai of a deemed university from the selection pannel of Jnanpith awardees for making derogatory comments on women writes. To which university did Rai belong to?
a. International Hindi University
b. Amity University
c. Biswabharati University
d. Kannur University
4. Aamir khan’s latest movie “Peepli Live” is set in the Peepli of which village of Madhya Pradesh?
5. The Clay Mathematics Institute for the Millennium Prize listed seven mathematical problems to be solved and declared a prize sum of $ 1 million for those who would solve the problems. The problem, “Is P=NP?” was solved by which of the following mathematicians?
a. Grigoriy Perelman
b. Vinay Deolalikar
c. Daniel Bernoulli
d. Algirdas Javtokas
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section.