Quizzes on the Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues, international events, and other information from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the Current Affairs Quiz for February 2010 will update you on the latest incidents that the world is talking about. The quizzes on Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. 22 books that were not considered for the Booker Prize because of a reorganization of the rules would finally win the prestigious literary award 40 years after it was published, organizers said on 1 Feb 2010. In which year were these books published?
2. On 2 Feb 2010 nomenees for the 2010 Oscars were declared. Which two films led the nominations by winning 9 nominations each?
a. Avatar and The Hurt Locker
b. Up in the Air and District 9
c. An Education and Avatar
d. A serious Man and The Hurt Locker
3. Who received the outstanding achievement award 2010 by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales?
a. HDFC chairman, Deepak Parekh
b. ICICI Limited, Mr.A.Ramaswami Mudaliar
c. Axis bank Chairman, P. J. Nayak
d. Union bank Chairman M.V. Nair
4.With the Shiv Sena backing-off from its original threat to disrupt the screening of My Name is Khan, the distributors of the film, Fox Searchlight drew plans to have how many prints of the movie to be screened worldwide in the first phase in Feb 2010?
5. The first North East Members of Parliament Forum (NEMPF) Summit held in Feb 2010 adopted its first resolution which sought to “work together for the betterment of the region collectively.” Who among the following is the NEMPF Chairman?
a. Rajya Sabha MP, Mr Mukut Mithi
b. Mr P.D. Rai, Lok Sabha MP from Sikkim
c. Mr Vincent Pala, MP from Meghalaya
d. Sikkim Chief Minister, Mr Pawan Chamling
6. Jamshed Ashraf was sacked on 18 Feb 2010, a week after he alleged there was a 'multi-crore scam' in his department that had the involvement of people in the chief minister's secretariat. What position did he occupy in the ministry of the Bihar government?
a. Bihar Excise Minister
b. Bihar Energy Resource Ministry
c. Bihar Finance Minister
d. Bihar Rural Development Minister
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section.