Quizzes on the Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues, international events, and other information from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the Current Affairs Quiz for April 2012 will update you on the latest incidents that the world is talking about. The quizzes on Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Powerful earthquake hit Aceh province of Indonesia on 11 April 2012. The quake sparked a short-lived tsunami alert for much of the Indian Ocean. What was the magnitude of the quake as recorded on the Richter scale?
2. Which of the following bodies in its flagship annual publication ADO released on 11 April 2012 projected moderate increase in growth rate for India to 7 percent in 2012-13?
a. World Bank
b. International Monetary Fund
c. Asian Development Bank
d. World Trade Organisation
3. A massive avalanche claimed the life of more than hundred Pakistani soldiers on 9 April 2012. The incident occurred at which of the following places?
a. Eastern Karakoram mountain range
b. Southern Karakoram mountain range
c. Northern Karakoram mountain range
d. Southern Karakoram mountain range
4. Which Indian chef visited the historic kitchen of the White House on, which prepares the food for US President Barack Obama, his family and the large number of guests invited to the resident of the first family every day?
a. Ramesh Turrani
b. Vinay Lahiri
c. Sanjeev Kapoor
d. Rajeev Kapoor
5. Two powerful earthquakes of 8.6 and 8.2 magnitude struck the coast of Sumatra on 12 April 2012. Sumatra is located in which of the following Asian country?
d. Sri Lanka
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 11-March 17
Corporate Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 11-March 17
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 4-March 10
Corporate Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 4-March 10