The Delhi TET 2019 exam is going to be conducted in the month of March this year as per the recent notification by the Delhi state board. Candidates preparing for the Delhi TET exam may be looking for the expected cutoff/qualifying marks of all categories including SC/ST/OBC/others. The cutoff marks are very necessary to know because on the basis of these marks, a candidate is declared qualified. Only qualified candidates will be awarded the Delhi TET qualifying certificate. Besides the qualifying marks, candidates will be curious to know about the previous year cutoff marks and number of appeared & qualified candidates in Delhi TET exam. To clarify all such queries, we have described the complete details of Delhi TET cutoff marks and Delhi TET results procedure in the following article. Before heading to the cutoff marks details, let us understand the intent of state board behind conducting the Delhi TET exam.
Through the Delhi TET exam, a candidate is particularly selected to teach for classes 1-8 in the Delhi state government schools. The rationales behind this exam are described here-
- This TET exam will primarily focus on improving the teaching quality and teaching standards in the government schools.
- Through this exam, the subject knowledge of candidates is also tested and improved.
- The Delhi TET is basically a qualifying exam, which ensures that a candidate is eligible to teach in the state schools.
Delhi TET Exam Cutoff Marks
The information on cutoff/qualifying marks for Delhi TET exam is clearly stated in the Delhi TET notification. Since this exam is qualifying in nature, therefore, your performance will be measured individually against the pre-determined criteria and there will be no relative marking. The Delhi TET cutoff/qualifying marks as per the notification is described in the following table-
Cutoff/ Qualifying Marks
60% or above
SC/ST/CI/differently abled candidates
55% or above
Note: As all of you know that the maximum marks for the Delhi TET paper-1 and paper-2 will be 150 marks and you have to gain the marks as per the above criteria to qualify in the Delhi TET exam. Beyond this, attaining a Delhi TET qualifying certificate does not guarantee/ensure you any permanent job in the state government schools. After qualifying the Delhi TET exam, you have to appear in the interviews conducted by the Delhi education board. This interview process may comprised of the following stages-
- Written Exam (if applicable)
- Personal Interview
- Previous Teaching Experience or Other Experience
Now, you can understand the importance of the Delhi TET exam. Hence, to become a government teacher, you have to first get this certificate. Without this, your candidature will not be considered for the further process.
Delhi TET 2019 Results
After the completion of Delhi TET exam, you need to visit @delhi.gov.in regularly for the Delhi TET results. The result date of Delhi TET and other related information will be notified on this website only. The possible steps to get the Delhi TET results 2019 are as follows-
- Visit the Delhi TET official website i.e. delhi.gov.in.
- On the landing page, look for the Result by pressing Ctrl+ F.
- Click on that link, which corresponds to the Delhi TET results.
- Here, you will find a PDF containing the list of Delhi TET qualified candidates.
- Check your name and roll number in this list.
It is advised to the qualified candidates to take a print-out of this document for future reference.
Other Important links for the Delhi TET exam