Dena Bank was founded on 26 May 1938 by the family of Devkaran Nanjee under the name Devkaran Nanjee Banking Company Ltd. It became a Public Ltd. Company in December 1939 and later the name was changed to Dena Bank Ltd. It is one among six Public Sector Banks selected by the World Bank for sanctioning a loan of Rs 72.3 crores for augmentation of Tier-II Capital under Financial Sector Developmental project in the year 1995. The bank invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officers on probation for a period of two years.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
Probationary Officer: 500 vacancies
- Opening date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 28 March 2012
- Closing date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 12 April 2012
- Last date for Reprint of application form: 27 April 2012
Educational Qualification: A Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Government of India.
IBPS Score Requirement: Valid IBPS score obtained in Common Written Examination (CWE) for Probationary Officers (POs) / Management Trainees (MTs) 2011-12 with a minimum score of 130 for General category and 125 for SC/ ST/OBC/ PWD category.
NOTE: Candidates should also secure minimum marks, i.e. 24 for General category and 21 for Reserved Categories, in each subject including descriptive test in CWE.
Age Limit (as on 1 July 2011): Minimum 21 years, Maximum 30 years
Pay Scale: Rs 14500 - 600 x 7/ 18700 -700 x 2/ 20100 - 800 x 7/ 25700
Selection Procedure: Candidates shall be selected on the basis of interview (100 marks) in order of merit of IBPS score card in the ratio as decided by the Bank (keeping in view the minimum criteria of 1:4 (1:5 in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD).
Minimum qualifying marks in the interview will be 40% (35% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates). Marks obtained in interview will be reckoned for merit ranking. Candidate not passing in interview will not be considered for final selection.
However, bank reserves the right to change the selection strategy and hold Group Discussion and/or Interview.In case of Bank conducting Group Discussion, the same will be of qualifying nature prior to interview round. Group Discussion will be of 50 marks and those candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in Group Discussion, i.e. 40% for General category and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD, will be called for interview. Marks scored in Group Discussion will not be considered for merit ranking.
Interview Centres: The personal interview will be tentatively held at major centres of the country.
Application Fee: Fee for General and OBC category candidates is Rs 200 and fee for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates is Rs 50.
The fee can be paid either in the form of Payment challan by visiting nearest Dena Bank's Branch or by way of ‘NEFT' by visiting any Scheduled Commercial Bank. Candidates must write his/her name, Contact Number (Mobile/Phone number) and address and post applied for on the reverse of the Fees Payment Challan /NEFT.
- Payment Challan: Go to the nearest Dena Bank Branch with the Fee payment Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in CBS Account Nos. 116211021139 with Corporate Business Branch, BKC, Mumbai - 51 in the name & style of "Dena Bank - Rectt Pro for PO - 2012".
- NEFT: Go to the nearest branch of any Bank who is listed by RBI under RTGS/ NEFT System and pay the appropriate Application Fee in Account No. 116211021139 with Corporate Business Branch, BKC, Mumbai - 51 in the name & style of "Dena Bank - Rectt Pro for PO - 2012". Obtain the applicant's copy of Counterfoil of the Application Fee duly receipted by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number, (b) UTR Number, (c) date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
How to Apply: Candidates need to apply online on the bank's website http://www.denabank.com No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan/ NEFT Receipt will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of Interview. Without original fee payment challan/ NEFT receipt the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Group Discussion/ Interview.
For more information, please CLICK HERE