Department of Defence Production (DGQA), Ministry of Defence invited applications for Recruitment to the post of Stenographer, Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade) and Technician (Semi Skilled). The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 29 November 2014
- Closing Date of Application Forms: within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
- Closing Date of Application Forms for far flung areas: within 28 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Detail of Vacancies
Name of the posts:
- Stenographer: 2 posts
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): 1 post
- Technician (Semi Skilled): 4 posts
Total No. of Post: 7 Posts
- Stenographer: Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2400
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900
- Technician (Semi Skilled): Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1800
- Stenographer: 12th class passed or an equivalent examination. Skill Test norms on computer: 10 Minutes @ 80 words per minute Dictation and 50 Minutes in English or 65 Minutes in Hindi on Computer Transcription Time.
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): 10th class passed. Professional skill in driving, knowledge of motor mechanics, general smartness and holding of valid permanent license for driving cars and heavy vehicles with minimum 4 year’s experience in driving.
- Technician (Semi Skilled): Industrial Training Institute Pass Certificate in any of the trades of Machinist or Fitter or Instrument Mechanic and Welder or their equivalent Defence Services Tradesman Course approved as such by the Central Government or State Governments.
- The candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years as on closing date for receipt of application for all posts.
Selection will be done on the basis of Preliminary Screening of applications, Written Test followed by Stenography Skill Test (for the post of Stenographer)/Driving skill Test for the post of Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade) and respective Trade test for the posts of Technician (Semi Skilled) followed by interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with attested copies of the relevant marksheets/certificates etc should reach to the Controller, Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Heavy Vehicles), Post Box No. 20, Avadi, Chennai-600054, clearly super scribing the post applied for on the TOP of the envelope i.e. “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ___________” within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.