The written examinations of SBI PO have been over and the list of successful candidates who have gone through to the phase III, which is of personal interview and group discussions, have been put up. The candidates are now gearing up for their SBI PO Interview that is scheduled in coming days.
The written examination requires your ability to solve answers through practiced ways and dealt with your thinking and decision making capability, but the phase III consisting of interview and group discussion is a hard ice to break. The candidates need to make up their minds to deliver to their fullest and prepare themselves before the stipulated time of the interview as there are thousands of aspiring candidates who are there to claim a single job on offer.
There are some tips which the candidates should keep in mind so that the interview doesn’t turn out to be a messy one.
- Make sure you are fully prepared: Whether it is the certificates that you need to carry or the relevant educational documents, the candidates must prepare everything in advance, so that they don’t forget anything to carry along with them at the interview which is necessary.
- Enter with a smile: A bright and confident smile can make your effect felt on the interview panel members. A slight nod and wishing them with polite tone makes the environment a little less heavy and allows the candidate to talk freely to them.
- Get dressed properly: If you are going for an interview, you should take your dress in mind. For every wrong step the candidates marks from the round can get deducted, limiting the chances of many to go down. Hence you need to look confident and develop your approach in such a way that keeps a lasting impact on the body.
- Get yourself acquainted with recent happenings: News of national and international importance should always remain at the fingertips of the candidate. He/she should be able to talk on any of the contemporary burning issues to provide an idea to the interview board members.
- Present yourself confidently: If you can speak to the board of interviewee with confidence you could win half the battle. Do not panic when you get in to the interview room and make yourself at ease while facing them. This would help you compose yourself while answering the questions thrown at you by them and would make the interview easier.
- Do not overstress yourself: Always keep in mind that overstressing and burdening your head with information would not at all help you go through in your interviews. You need to read a few things from a few credible sources before the interview to get yourself acquinted with recent happenings of national and international importance, but shouldn’t try and over read as that could lead you to forgetting everything when it comes to deliver.
- Do not take it casually: Take the interview as your opportunity to safeguard your future and always keep this in back of your mind that there are many others who are in queue to topple you to get the position. Hence you should be aware and take every bit of your time before the interview seriously. You should prepare yourself by mock speeches and performing in front of mirror some gestures that might help in the interview room. Make sure you dress accordingly to the interview to create a good first impression in the minds of the recruiter.
- Do not try to get in a debate: While you are inside the room for the interview you must keep in mind that you are here to impress the recruiters by your wisdom and knowledge rather than your debating skills. If you feel there is no need to unnecessarily debate about a fact or question avoid doing that, and try to correct yourself immediately if you feel you were going wrong.
- Do not get agitated: In an interview where thousands of candidates would battle it out to get the job you should not get agitated while sitting and waiting for your turn. The simplest of your mistakes could get noted by the recruiters and this would bare your inefficiency in front of them. Try to be at the highest of your calm and try to handle the situation with as much as possible.
- Do not be late at the interview: You must keep the time in mind and should reach the destination in advance where your interview is scheduled. Being late to any interview seems to create a negative impression on the minds of the recruiters which can eventually end up deducing your overall score making it impossible for you to get the job. Timeliness also proves the character of the candidate which gets marked in the interview process.