DU Admissions 2018: Know eligibility criteria for UG courses
University of Delhi has started UG Admissions for academic session 2018-2019. Students can check here eligibility criteria of DU Admissions 2018 for all UG courses including qualifying exam, minimum marks, age limit as well as some common Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
University of Delhi has begun registrations for Undergraduate courses at all departments from May 15, 2018 in online mode. This year, the students seeking admissions to UG courses through Merit based and Entrance Exams can fill same application form for DU Admissions 2018. Students can check here eligibility criteria of DU Admissions 2018 for all UG courses including qualifying exam, minimum marks, age limit as well as some common Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Important: Students with Gap year (s) will be equivalent to students passing the qualifying examination in the same year of DU Admissions 2018. There is no such limit for Gap year students.
Programmes offered at University of Delhi on merit basis:
Faculty of Arts/Social Sciences/Applied Social Sciences & Humanities:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts [Vocational Studies]
- Bachelor of Arts [Hons.]
- Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Programme and Advanced Diploma Programme
Faculty of Arts:
- B.A. Programme,
- B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic, Bengali, English, French, German, Italian, Hindi, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, and Urdu
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- B.A. (Hons.) in Economics,
- B.A. (Hons.) in Geography,
- B.A. (Hons.) in History,
- B.A. (Hons.) in Political Sciences,
- B.A. (Hons.) in Social Work,
- B.A. (Hons.) in Sociology
Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities:
- B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism,
- B.Voc. in Health Care Management, Retail Management & IT, Web Designing, Printing Technology, Banking Operations, Software Development, Advanced Diploma in TV Programme & News Production
Faculty of Commerce & Business Studies:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce [Hons.]
Faculty of Mathematical Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science – Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Statistics
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Computer Science
Faculty of Sciences/ Inter-Disciplinary and Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] in Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Medical Science, Biological Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Food Technology, Geology, Home Science, Instrumentation, Microbiology, Physics, Polymer Sciences, Zoology
- Bachelor of Science - Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Bio-chemistry), Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry), Applied Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bachelor of Science (Pass) -Home Science
Programmes offered though DU Entrance Exam 2018:
Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Economics
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
Cluster Innovation Centre:
- Bachelor of Technology(Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty of Education:
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
Faculty of Inter Disciplinary & Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education,
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education and Sports
Indraprastha College for Women:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Multimedia and Mass Communication
Faculty of Music and Fine Arts:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
DU Admissions 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Common Eligibility Criteria for all UG courses at DU:
Qualifying exam: Students seeking admissions to undergraduate courses at various faculty/Departments on basis of merit score or entrance exam need to be qualified in Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) i.e. Class 12th qualifying examination from CBSE board or equivalent board of education.
Minimum Marks: They must meet the minimum marks criteria of the relevant undergraduate course as mentioned by faculty/department.
- B.A Vocational Studies – an aggregate of 40% marks
- B.A. (Hons.)Except in Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, Persian, Punjabi & Urdu - an aggregate of 45% marks
- B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, Persian, Punjabi & Urdu - An aggregate of 45% marks. Students securing 40% marks in an aggregate and 50% marks in the concerned subject are also eligible
- B.A. (Hons.) in French, German, Italian, and Spanish - An aggregate of 45% marks.
- B.Com. (Hons.) - An aggregate of 45% marks.
- B.Com - An aggregate of 40% marks.
Minimum marks for Entrance based UG courses –
An aggregate of 60% marks in all four main subjects including English, Mathematics and two other elective/academic subjects as from the list A provided below:
Age limit: There is no minimum age criterion for admissions to UG courses at University of Delhi (DU). In case AICTE or NCTE has mentioned age limit, then it will be followed.