The East Coast Railway, Odisha invited applications for recruitment of various posts against Cultural quota. The candidates eligible for the posts can apply through prescribed format before 30 December 2013. The East Coast Railway (ECoR) is one of the sixteen railway zones of Indian Railways. It came into existence on 1 April 2003.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms: 30 December 2013
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms for residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep: 14 January 2014
Name of the Posts:
- Light Classical Vocal Music (Male): 1 Post
- Indian Classical Instrumental Music (Tabla): 1 Post
Total no. of Posts: 2
- Candidate should have 18 years and not below 30 years as on 1 January 2014.
- Age Relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- The candidate should have passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or higher qualification from any recognized Board/University.
- The condition of 50% marks is not applicable for those with higher qualification and for SC/ST Candidates.
- Degree or Diploma Certificate in Music from Govt. recognized Institute.
- The examination fee for Unreserved and OBC candidates is Rs.40/-. The examination fee should be paid in the form of Indian Postal Order, drawn in favour of FA&CAO, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar.
- SC/ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [Parsis]) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes (whose family income is less than Rs.50,000/- per annum) are exempted from payment of examination fees.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs. 1900
Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in written test and Assessment of talent in the relevant field on the basis of practical demonstration &Testimonials/Prizes etc.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates, two self addressed envelope with postage stamp on each envelop and with super scribed on the top “Application against Cultural Quota recruitment for the year 2013-14.”
- Application form should reach to the Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, PO-Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha - 751017.
Refer the mentioned link.