Eastern Railway invited application for recruitment against Sports Quota of Headquarters for the year 2013-14. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 6 November 2013. Eastern Railway (ER) was formed on 14 April 1952 by integration of the East Indian Railway (EIR) consisting of Sealdah, Howrah, Asansol and Danapur Divisions and the entire Bengal – Nagpur Railway (BNR).
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 6 November 2013
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for candidates residing abroad and Andaman Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Jammu & Kashmir, Lauhl & Spiti districts and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh: 21 November 2013
Name of Posts
- CATEGORY (1): PB-1, Pay R. 5200-20,200/- + Grade Pay Rs.2400/2800/-; 6 Posts
- CATEGORY (2): PB-1, Pay Rs. 5200-20,200/- + Grade Pay Rs.1900/2000/-; 20 Posts
- CATEGORY (3): PB-I, Pay Rs. 5200-20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 1800/- ; 10 Posts
Name of the Discipline/Speciality for Category 1 & 2
- Archery ( Men & Women) Recurve / Compound: 1 in (Category -1)
- Athletics (Men) For any events: 1 in (Category -1)
- Athletics (Women) For any events: 1 in (Category -1)
- Chess (Men) -: 1 in (Category -1)
- Cue Sports Billiards & Snooker, 8 ball & 9 ball pool: 2 in (Category -1)
- Athletics (Women) 200M, 100M, 800M, 1500M Run, High Jump: 3 in (Category -2)
- Badminton (Men) -: 1 in (Category -2)
- Badminton (Women) -: 1 in (Category -2)
- Basketball (Women) Pivot / Ball Handling: 2 in (Category -2)
- Bridge (Men) - :1 in (Category -2)
- Cricket (Women) Batting with pace/Spinning ability: 1 in (Category -2)
- Cycling (Men) Endurance: 1 in (Category -2)
- Hockey (Men) All rounder: 3 in (Category -2)
- Power lifting (Men) 120 Kg +: 1 in (Category -2)
- Table Tennis (Women) -: 1 in (Category -2)
- Volleyball (Women) Central Blocker: 1 in (Category -2)
- Water Polo (Men) Side defence: 2 in (Category -2)
- Weightlifting (Men) 69 Kg / 94 Kg: 2 in (Category -2)
Name of the Discipline/Speciality for Category 3
- Athletics (Women) 100M, 200M Run, 3000M Steeple Chase: 2 in (Category -3)
- Basketball (Men) Forward: 1 in (Category -3)
- Cricket (Men) Right hand batsman: 1 in (Category -3)
- Diving (Men) Spring / High Board: 1 in (Category -3)
- Football (Men) Central midfilder: 1 in (Category -3)
- Swimming (Men) Breast Stroke / Free style 100Mts. & 200Mts: 2 in (Category -3)
- Weightlifting (Men) 105 Kg: 1 in (Category -3)
- Weightlifting (Women) 48 Kg: 1 in (Category -3)
Total No. of Posts: 36 Posts
Candidate should have 18 years and not below 25 years as on 1 January 2014 for all category.
- CATEGORY (1): Candidate should be minimum Graduate from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- CATEGORY (2): Candidate should be minimum 10th pass or equivalent.
- CATEGORY (3): Candidate should be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent.
- Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay Postal Order of Rs. 60/- for the post in scale PB-I Rs. 5200-20200 + GP Rs. 2400/2800/- and Postal Order of Rs. 40/- for the post in scale PB-I Rs. 5200-20200 + GP Rs. 1900/2000/- and in PB-I GP Rs. 1800/- in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of FA & CAO/EASTERN RAILWAY, payable only at GPO/Kolkata.
- SC/ST, Women, Minorities & Economically Backward Class Candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Candidate will be selected on the basis of Trial in respective game to be conducted by Trial Committee followed by interview.
How to Apply:
- Candidate need to download application format as available in the notification.
- Fill it with all mandatory details, attach 2 self-addressed envelopes (11” X 5”) duly stamped (Rs.5/-), IPO, super scribe ‘APPLICATION FOR SPORTS QUOTA RECRUITMENT’ on the top of the envelope and send along with relevant documents in support of age, Educational Qualification and participation certificate in Sports activities for their eligibility attested by Gazette officer to the address as mentioned below on or before 6 November 2013.
Chief Personnel Officer,
Eastern Railway Headquarters,
17, Netaji Subhas Road,