The leading economy story for the 18 to 24 June 2012 week was that the RBI releasing its mid-quarter monetary policy. The economy quiz this week centres round the facts and figures. Jagranjosh.com team which works on Economy Current Affairs have prepared a set of 5 economy quizzes for those interested in updating the economy current affairs knowledge.
1. According to the latest data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 19 June 2012, the foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows in India dipped by what per cent to 7.8 billion dollar during January-April 2012?
a. 8 %
2. International credit rating agency Fitch revised the credit outlook of India to negative on 18 June 2012. Which of the following facts are not true?
1. The agency cited rampant corruption and stalled reform existing in the country as the reason behind the move to downgrade the country's credit rating
2. The rating agency, however, maintained the India's sovereign rating at 'AAA-'
3. Fitch also downgraded the credit outlook of seven PSUs namely ONGC, BHEL, BPCL, HP, NTPC, CIL and NHPC
4. The agency in its report opined that with the fragile state of economy and a large subsidy bill India is likely to miss its fiscal deficit target of 5.1 percent for 2012-13. It predicted India’s fiscal deficit to be 5.6-5.9 percent of GDP
a. Only 1
b. Only 3
c. 2 & 4
d. Only 4
3. As per the official data released by the Union government on 18 June 2012, retail inflation increased to what per cent in May due to rise in prices of vegetables, edible oils and milk?
4. Reserve Bank of India in its mid-quarterly monetary policy review on 18 June 2012, decided to keep the cash reserve ratio and the policy repo rate unchanged. Which of the following facts with respect to RBI’s mid-quarterly monetary policy are not true?
1. The cash reserve ratio and the policy repo rate unchanged at 4.75 per cent and 8.0 per cent respectively
2. The reverse repo rate remain unchanged at 8.0 per cent
3. The marginal standing facility rate and the Bank Rate is to stand at 9.0 per cent
4. The slowing pace of the economy (India's March quarter economic growth stood at 5.3 per cent, lowest in past 9 years) and weakening investment sentiments had prompted industry leaders to urge RBI to take a call on policy rate cuts
a. Ony 1
b. 1 & 3
c. Only 4
d. Only 2
5. As per the export-import data released by the Commerce Ministry on 14 June 2012, India's export dropped by what per cent at 25.68 billion dollar in May 2012?
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .