We observed that few leading rating agencies and financial research firms have revised their outlook on Indian economy. The reports of these rating agencies are important in understanding the overall economic scenario. Jagranjosh.com team which works on Economy Current Affairs have prepared a set of 5 economy quizzes for those interested in updating the economy current affairs knowledge.
1. Which of the following regulators on 26 June 2012 made it mandatory for top 500 listed companies to hold e-voting with an objective to widen shareholder participation in key decisions?
2. Nomura, the global financial services firm, on 26 June 2012 slashed the country's growth forecast for the fiscal year 2012-13 to what per cent?
3. In a move aimed at arresting the unrelenting fall of Indian rupee, India’s central bank the Reserve Bank of India on 25 June 2012 hiked the limit of foreign investment in government bonds by 5 billion dollar to what amount?
a. 10 billion dolar
b. 15 billion dollar
c. 20 billion dollar
d. 30 billion dollar
4. Capital markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on 21 June 2012 notified new rules for ownership and governance of stock exchanges. Which of the following statements given below are not true in this respect?
1. The amendments were announced following the legal tussle between the regulator and MCX Stock Exchange, which had earlier sought approval to start an equity platform.
2. The new norms require the recognised stock exchange to have a minimum net worth of Rs 100 crore at all times and at least 51 per cent of stake has to be held by public
3. The ownership of a single investor was capped at 10% with an exemption for stock exchanges, depositories, insurance and banking companies and public financial institutions, which has been permitted to hold up to 5 per cent
4. SEBI also specified that direct and indirect exposure to any stock exchange will be considered while calculating the prescribed shareholding limit.
a. 2 & 4
b. Only 2
c. 1 & 2
d. Only 3
5. Ratings agency Fitch on 20 June 2012 revised the outlook on India's financial institutions to negative from stable. Which of the following facts related to the statement are not true?
1. The outlook of six government banks, two private banks, two wholly owned government institutions and one infrastructure finance company was lowered by the rating agency
2. Major public sector lender, Reserve Bank of India which recently announced its plans to raise $2 billion from overseas markets will be hit the most by the revision
3. The rating agency listed high customer deposit base, established domestic franchises and adequate capitalisation as the strengths of banks. On the other hand it also mentioned that non-banking institutions are at greater risk because they lack the funding advantage
4. Fitch mentioned that in case sovereign long-term IDR is downgraded, banks with viability rating (VR) of BBB- would also be affected because of these linkages.
a. 1 & 3
c. 1 & 4
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .