The Economic Current Affairs Quizzes for the second week of October will contain quizzes on the events that occurred in the week. This would allow you to have an idea about the Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation schemes of Government of India and criterions designed by them to define Economically Weaker Sections for housing scheme. Practice these to have an idea about the questions that may be asked or type of questions, which are asked in the UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, MBA and more.
1. The Ministry for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) raised the income criterion for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) housings from 60000 Rupees per year to a particular level. What is the new declared for EWS?
a) 80,000 rupees per year
b) 1 lakh rupees per year
c) 50,000 lakh rupees per year
d) 1.80 lakh rupees per year
Answer. (b) 1 lakh rupees per year
2. Petrol Prices in Indian market was slashed for the second time since October 2012 and the decision of slashing down the rates of petrol came in response to the weakening of the petrol rates per barrel in the international market. In October there was a cut of 56 paise per liter in the price of petrol. What was the cost cut per liter in November 2012?
a) 90 paise
b) 95 paise
c) 25 paise
d) 94 paise
Answer. (b) 95 paise
3. The Reserve Bank of India, in its notification released in November 2012 directed banks not to provide loans to its customers for purchase of all types of gold, which includes primary gold, jewellery, bullion, gold coins, units of Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) and units of gold mutual funds. Which of the statements mentioned below is false in case of the notification released?
a) The order was directed for discouraging people from getting involved in speculative activities
b) The notification from the Reserve Bank of India also directed the banks not to grant advances against gold bullion to traders or dealers
c) This decision of RBI came up in response to the significant growth in the imports of the gold in past few years that has created pressure on the current account deficit. in 2011-12 that stood up at 60 billion dollar
d) The decision of RBI came up in response to the suggestion of the working Group constituted after the announcement if the Monetary Policy Statement of April 2011
i. Statement c is false
ii. Statement a and b are false
iii. Statements a, b and c are false
iv. All the above mentioned statements are false
Answer. (i) Statement c is false
4. Government of India in November 2012 signed a 70-million US Dollar loan agreement with World Bank. The agreement was signed for?
a) Financing the Kerala Health Systems Development as well as Reform Project
b) Financing the Karnataka Health Systems Development as well as Reform Project
c) Financing the Odisha Health Systems Development as well as Reform Project
d) Financing the Bihar Health Systems Development as well as Reform Project
Answer. (b) Financing the Karnataka Health Systems Development as well as Reform Project
5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the disinvestment of a certain percent of Government Stake in the Maharatna PSU-National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in November 2012 from its present holding of 84.50 percent. What is the percentage of holding that CCEA has agreed on disinvestment?
a) 9.5 percent
b) 9.43 percent
c) 9.99 percent
d) 7.6 percent
Answer. (a) 9.5 percent