To test your knowledge about the important decisions that impacts the economy of the world and other updates of the area solve the Economy Current Affairs Quizzes offered on the website. The provided quizzes would also offer you an insight on the way questions are framed for different competitive examinations like UPSC, SSC, Bank PO, MBA and all other exams.
1. Which of the following statements in relation to the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs decision for approval 9.5 percent Stake Disinvestment in NTPC is correct?
a) With this equity disinvestment of NTPC would bring back a sum of about 13000 crore rupees.
b) With this disinvestment the governments holding on NTPC would fall down from present 84.5 percent to 75 percent
c) This will adhere to the minimum public shareholding norms that was stipulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the market regulators
d) At present Government holding on the NTPC was 84. 5 percent
i. Statements a, b, c and d are false
ii. Statements a, b, c and d are true
iii. Statements a, b, and c are true
iv. Statement b is false
Answer. (ii) Statements a, b, c and d are true
2. In the Forbes Global 2000 ranking list of the World’s biggest companies NTPC was ranked at which position in 2012?
a) 337th position
b) 200th Position
c) 90th position
d) 11th Position
Answer. (a) 337th position
3. The Union Government of India on 24 November 2012 announced to set up a National Cancer Institute (NCI) and a National Cardio Care Centre (NCCC) at the second campus of All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at?
a) Milakpur village of Bhiwani
b) Khairi Gaoin village in Hisar
c) Kheri Sher Khan village in Kaithal
d) Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana
Answer. (d) Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana
4. The Union Government of India in November 2012 inaugurated an Outreach OPD of the AIIMS-II campus spread over 300 acres. This outreach OPD is well equipped with all types of facilities and has a capacity of how many beds?
a) 1000 beds
b) 1500 beds
c) 800 beds
d) None of these
Answer. (a) 1000 beds
5. The Reserve Bank of India asked Banks not to Provide Loans for Purchase of Gold but allowed the banks to sanction loans as per the general working capital requirements to one section of the business market. Name the section that has been kept aside from the cover of no loan policy for purchase of gold?
a) Gold Merchants
b) Normal people buying gold for household purposes and celebrations
d) Common man from buying gold for making investments in the share market
Answer. (c) Jewelers