In the first week of November 2012, Oman banned import of eggs and chicken from India because of bird flu reported in a turkey farm of Karnataka. Many more economic events also occurred like fixation of MSP for Cotton and agreement between RSPCL and Gail that would impact the economy of nation. Following the same, we have created a set of five quizzes on the Economy Current Affairs for this week.
1. Name the country that has issued ban on the import of Egg and Chicken from India in wake up of the recommendations of the World Organisation for Animal Health about the outbreak of bird-flu in the Government run Turkey Farm at Hesaraghatta, Karnataka.
Answer. (a) Oman
2. The Union Government of India in the Month of November 2012 announced a revised Minimum Support Price (MSP) for cotton and this would help in inducing stabilisation in cotton price. Cotton has witnessed a sharp decline in the past and remained operational round about its minimum support price. The previous minimum support price of medium staple cotton was 2800 rupees per quintal. What is the revised price for the same?
a) 3000 rupees per quintal
b) 3600 rupees per quintal
c) 3200 rupees per quintal
d) 4300 rupees per quintal
Answer. (b) 3600 rupees per quintal
3. The GAIL Gas Limited and a State Petroleum Corporation Limited recently in November 2012 signed an agreement for a Joint Venture to lay down the natural gas supply pipeline in the state. Name the state petroleum corporation with which GAIL inked the agreement?
a) Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited
b) Maharashtra State Petroleum Corporation Limited
c) Andhra Pradesh State Petroleum Corporation Limited
d) Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited
Answer. (d) Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited
4. The South African Reserve Bank in November 2012 rolled out new bank notes bearing the face of the country’s iconic personality of the nation, marking it as a tribute to him. Name the person, whose face was introduced in the currency notes?
a) Marais Viljoen
b) Nelson Mandela
c) Frederik Willem de Klerk
d) Kgalema Petrus Motlanthe
Answer. (b) Nelson Mandela
5. What was the percentage of retail inflation registered by Indian Market in the month of October 2012, as per the data released by the Union Government of India in November 2012 as per the measurement done on the scale of Consumer Price Index?
a) 9.75 percent
b) 9.43 percent
c) 9.99 percent
d) 10 percent
Answer. (a) 9.75 percent