The economic current affairs quiz provides an insight view of the economy to the learner and to those who are preparing for major entrance examination like UPSC. SSC, Bank PO, MBA etc. It will help in enhancement of one’s knowledge of the economic happening around the globe.
1. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited introduced a system for making the payment of the bookings via mobile phones. What is the name of that system?
(a) Interbank Mobile Payment System (IMPS)
(b) Sybase mobile banking System
(c) Railway mobile banking system
(d) PNB mobile banking System
Answer: (a) Interbank Mobile Payment System (IMPS)
2. Name the Union Minister who had suggested setting up of a National Investment Board (NIB) under Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to accord speedy clearances to mega proposals.
(a) Sharad Pawar
(b) A.K. Antony
(c) Kapil Sibal
(d) P. Chidambaram
Answer (d) P. Chidambaram
3. Reserve Bank of India injected a liquidity of around ___________by slashing down the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) by 25 basis points to 4.50 percent from 4.75 percent.
(a) 17000 crore
(b) 15000 crore
(c) 10000 crore
(d) 12000 crore
Answer: (a) 17000 crore
4. Shimla Municipal Corporation introduced a Tax on Shimla entry of vehicles that are not registered in Himachal Pradesh. What was the name of that tax?
(a) Envy Tax
(b) Green Tax
(c) Carbon tax
(d) Natural resource consumption tax
Answer: (b) Green tax
5. Name the report which was submitted to the finance minister of India by the Shome Committee constituted by the Central Board of Direct Taxes, after the approval of Prime Minister of India.
(a) GARR Report
(b) CAG Report
(c) Financial Credit Report
(d) Tax Mitigation Report
Answer: (a) GARR Report
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .