Q: What are the eligibility conditions to apply for the forthcoming UGC NET examination to be held in the month of June 2013?
A: The eligibility conditions for UGC NET examination to be conducted on 30 June 2013 are as follows:
- A minimum of 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent qualification from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc (50% marks for SC / ST / PWD applicants)
- Aspirants who have appeared OR appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been postponed are also eligible to apply. Though, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF / Lectureship eligibility only after they have cleared their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with the above mentioned minimum marks. Such candidates should complete their Post Graduate degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with requisite percentage of marks otherwise they will be disqualified.
- Only 50% marks are required for PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19 September 1991.
- Appear in the subject of post-graduation only. If, PG subject is not enlisted in item No 9, appear in an allied subject.
- Submission of attested copy of the category Certificate along with online printout of Application Forms is mandatory for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category. Other candidates need not submit any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility along with hard copy of their Application Form.
- Candidates possessing PG diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / Institute must in their own interest, determine the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiuweb.org).