Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO), IITM, Pune invites applications from the eligible Indian Citizens for filling up the following vacant posts of Scientists at the Institute. The Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, an autonomous research organization under ESSO/MoES, fully devoted to cutting edge research in various aspects of climate science is looking for recruiting bright talented candidates of Indian Origin. The details of posts mentioned below.
• Last Date of Subission of Application: 15 April 2014.
Details of Posts
• Scientist ‘D’ (Centre for Climate Change Research): 10 (Ten).
• Scientist ‘D’ (Centre for Advanced Training): 04 (Four).
• Scientist ‘D’ (National Monsoon Mission): 03 (Three).
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, Oceanography, Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Physics, Geophysics or
• Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University/Institution with good scientific standing and with at least first class (60% marks) in the qualifying degree level or
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized university or equivalent with at least First class (60% marks) in the qualifying degree level.
Preferably a Doctorate in any one of the above subject with 07 years experience in research.
Age Limit & Relaxation
• Age Limit for the candidate is 50 years as on 15 April 2014.
• The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and 3 years for candidates belonging to the Other Backward Class, and as per rules for ex-servicemen and physically handicapped persons. There is no age limit for IITM and Government employees.
Pay Scale of Rs.15,600/- to Rs.39,100/- and the Grade Pay of Rs.7,600/- Per Month plus allowances admissible to Central Govt. employees stationed at Pune.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates may apply Online by submitting their applications along with their CV by 15 April 2014.
• The candidates should arrange three letters of reference to be sent directly to The Director, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune–411008. Email: email@example.com
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/Trade Test/Practical/Skill Test/Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.